adjusting trigger pounds how hard - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects > adjusting trigger pounds how hard

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2012, 01:24 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

I will admit I missed the statement that it was not factory adjustable. I apologize for that. I still stand by every thing else I said.

Old 07-24-2012, 01:30 AM   #22

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I agree i am a welder and do fab work i also went to vo teck to work on cars my granddaddy had a shop so i grew up workin on stuff to i know it wasent a insult i just was sayin i did read the rem manual and took down my 870 when i was 10 i knoe not impresive but i took the time to learn i will do the same whit gunsmithing

guns don't kill people, people kill people and if they take our guns then the bad guys will have them and we won't thay will be fear less of us.

Old 08-04-2012, 07:33 PM   #23

Liked 171 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 224

I agree with gunnut07 100%
trigger work is not some kind of forbidden teritory one should not tread unless you are a licensed FFL gunsmith who has been doing it for 50 years. there was a point where the experienced gunsmith had no experience and had to follow procedures laid out by the manufacturer or the maker of the replacement part until he did it so much that he has the procedure memorized.
as already stated by gn as long as factory instructions or the instructions of the replacement parts maker is followed to a T then that leaves no room for mistakes.
there are those who would shudder and cringe at the thought of even attempting to do this kind of work because someone else put the notion in their head that trigger work is dangerous vodoo and you will wind up killing your self or someone else for attempting such near impossible feats that should only be done by a master craftsman
if everyone had this attitude then it would be nearly impossible to get anyone to get trigger work done to their guns guns
no need for me to say any more than what has already been posted by gun nut
anyway that is my dimes worth.

"I dont believe in repeat offenders I believe in DEAD offenders!" Ted Nugent.
No Matter Where Ya go There Ya Are

American Plainsmen Society

Society Of Remington Revolver Shooters (SCORRS)

THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT(SHOTS)
NRA
GOA

Old 08-04-2012, 07:44 PM   #24
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21580 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by St8LineGunsmith View Post
I agree with gunnut07 100%
trigger work is not some kind of forbidden teritory one should not tread unless you are a licensed FFL gunsmith who has been doing it for 50 years. there was a point where the experienced gunsmith had no experience and had to follow procedures laid out by the manufacturer or the maker of the replacement part until he did it so much that he has the procedure memorized.
as already stated by gn as long as factory instructions or the instructions of the replacement parts maker is followed to a T then that leaves no room for mistakes.
there are those who would shudder and cringe at the thought of even attempting to do this kind of work because someone else put the notion in their head that trigger work is dangerous vodoo and you will wind up killing your self or someone else for attempting such near impossible feats that should only be done by a master craftsman
if everyone had this attitude then it would be nearly impossible to get anyone to get trigger work done to their guns guns
no need for me to say any more than what has already been posted by gun nut
anyway that is my dimes worth.
if you mean adjusting a factory adjustable trigger, then yes you are correct that it can be done safely as long as the instructions are followed to the letter and done properly.

if you mean changing sear angles and tolerances and changing or modifying springs or spring rates, no it should never be done by an amatuer or those not properly trained to do so.

Old 08-22-2012, 10:59 PM   #25

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

I took a glock and with DIY modding it went from 5.5 lb trigger and with every mod it droped so much kept it at 3.5-4lbs but took it a lil further polished the internals and put new springs and such and ended up with a glock 30 with a 1.4lb trigger lol the guys at the gun shop flipped and at the range they told me I couldn't shoot it unless I changed it back so now it's about 3lbs and it's cool 2 know I can make it less than 2lbs in less that 5min any time I want....