80% AR lower - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects > 80% AR lower

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2012, 10:46 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoppingpower
Do you have to use a cnc?
You don't have to but unless you have a digital readout Cnc would be the most accurate

Old 12-26-2012, 01:09 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalsh66 View Post

Man thats cool. I was not aware that anything like this even existed. I am also a machinist and it would be so easy to finish these. How is the quality of the lower? Is the same or better quality as the normal run of the mill lower? I might order a few just as a project but for the long run the extra work isn't worth it when I can buy a 100% done lower for the same price from psa. Unless the quality is better then its worth it.
What is PSA I am new to the forum and looking to build an ar

Old 12-26-2012, 01:32 AM   #13

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoppingpower View Post
Do you have to use a cnc?
I wouldn't think so but if you not a skilled manual op. Then it might be kinda tough

Old 12-26-2012, 01:38 AM   #14

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineHead View Post

I do have it on mastercam but not sure if it is still in the haas
Psa is palmetto state armory. They have insanely great prices on everything they manufacture. To the point it is getting hard to get normally let alone with this panic of a ban talk. I'm waiting to finish putting my ar together until after this all dies down and the prices go back to normal. You can get a stripped lower for $100. Plus shipping and transfer fees. But if you could take a look and see if you still have a copy of the program laying around I sure would appreciate it. Obviously you know it would save me some time and headache. I'm not very good with mastercam yet but I can program at the machine. We both know that would take a while.

Old 12-26-2012, 01:54 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalsh66 View Post

Psa is palmetto state armory. They have insanely great prices on everything they manufacture. To the point it is getting hard to get normally let alone with this panic of a ban talk. I'm waiting to finish putting my ar together until after this all dies down and the prices go back to normal. You can get a stripped lower for $100. Plus shipping and transfer fees. But if you could take a look and see if you still have a copy of the program laying around I sure would appreciate it. Obviously you know it would save me some time and headache. I'm not very good with mastercam yet but I can program at the machine. We both know that would take a while.
Thanks and I would like the program also if you have it

Old 12-26-2012, 02:08 AM   #16

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalsh66

I will see what I can dig up at work(that's where the mastercam is)and get some copies

Old 12-26-2012, 02:40 AM   #17

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineHead View Post

I will see what I can dig up at work(that's where the mastercam is)and get some copies
Cool I appreciate it. It would save a bunch of time.

Old 12-26-2012, 02:20 PM   #18

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

If you look around you can find 80% lowers that have had the trigger pocket already cut. Just need the pins drilled and a few other small things done.
And I do like PSA. They have great prices and if you get a chance to ever go in their store that is off Farrow road do so. The staff that is in there is knowledgeable and nice. They stay busy though.

Old 12-26-2012, 02:34 PM   #19

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minionsram View Post
If you look around you can find 80% lowers that have had the trigger pocket already cut. Just need the pins drilled and a few other small things done.
And I do like PSA. They have great prices and if you get a chance to ever go in their store that is off Farrow road do so. The staff that is in there is knowledgeable and nice. They stay busy though.
I go in there when I can't get ahold of something I need. I'm only about an hour away. They usually have stuff in the store that is sold out online.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:23 PM   #20

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

I love that store. I hate that I had to PCS here to Oklahoma Ft Sill. I did go in there right before I made the trip out here.

And wanted to add that some one messaged me about some lowers that had the fire control pocket milled out and no company sells them any more! The only ones I can find is the ones that needed that FC milled out. That sucks, but I should of bought a few of them a year and a half ago when I came across them. Just wanted to put that out before I lead any one else astray.

NitroxAZ Likes This