.460 Rowland - Double Stack Possible? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects > .460 Rowland - Double Stack Possible?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2009, 05:02 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I need a cup of this .460 Koolaid. I might have to go pick up an old, worn out full sized 1911.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 03-09-2009, 05:04 PM   #22

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
I need a cup of this .460 Koolaid. I might have to go pick up an old, worn out full sized 1911.
We should meet up in Oregon somewhere near the Black Bear restaurant and have a breakfast and shooting session.

Wait til mine comes back from Robar - I got a hell of a real world test set up to show the power of this big bastard. *rubbing hands together in evil fashion*

Old 03-26-2009, 01:59 PM   #23

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Sorry it took me so long to respond, I took a vacation. I went to the mountains of eastern Ky to look at farms (north eastern Ky), then went for a visit with some good friends of mine. I also delivered a couple full custom rifles I built since I was down that way. Coal miner people from Harlam Co Ky are true rednecks and once you're accepted by them, you're "in like Flynn". We had a BLAST! It's just like turning back the clock down there. Now it's nose back to grindstone and scheming for my .460 build. The wife has REALLY been watching my expenditures so it might have to find cover under the guise of a custom that wasn't picked up after build.

Old 04-20-2009, 01:52 PM   #24

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

It looks like marital/money issues has caused my project to come to a screaming temporary halt. I'll resume as soon as I can. Until then, somebody else take the reins of this project. Side note-Taurus is now making double stack full size 1911s in .45acp. They SHOULD be cheaper than the Paras-otherwise why buy them?

Old 04-21-2009, 07:24 PM   #25

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Sorry to hear that 'Bear, hang in there. These .460 builds you guys have been doing have been great reads. A lot of interesting ideas and loads of fun to boot.

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 04-28-2009, 06:13 AM   #26

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Neil....

Is up to you!

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Old 05-04-2009, 07:48 PM   #27

That Taurus (if it ever actually comes out) might be your ticket, seeing as its 12+1 and the Springfield highcap is 13+1 and the Para (which is what CCG mentioned troubles with) is 14+1. Seeing how they all seem about the same size, im guessing they have more reserve spring with the fewer rounds. Also, the taurus is alot of gun for the price, at least in the single stack. Fit and polish isnt the greatest, and im not a huge fan of the colt style firing pin block, but they have all the bells and whistles, for less than most of the GI's other companies make.

I Carry a Springer hi-cap and plan on fitting a Clark kit to it as soon as i have the cash in hand, so let us know how it turns out.

Old 08-10-2009, 10:29 PM   #28

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Ive always thought of recoil as, the more recoil the higher the gun will snap back. But in the .460 case, is there less rise due to the compensator. Because of this reduced rise, does that mean it it will punch you harder in the hands and really feel the shock in your forearms?