.460 Rowland - Double Stack Possible?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects > .460 Rowland - Double Stack Possible?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2009, 05:06 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 3

Default .460 Rowland - Double Stack Possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
Renee, I'm looking forward to building a .460 Rowland kit based on an all steel Para Ordnance P-14 if/when available. Just imagine 14+1 shots of .460 Rowland will make Cane AND Dillinger crap their pants. Feel free to pm me with details or lack thereof. Neil
Hi Neil,
Since I know you're not the only one wanting double stack .460, I figured I'd make the discussion public. While we do make a .460 Rowland Ramped kit that will drop into your Para, sorry to say that we cannot guarantee it to function reliably on the wide body frames. The problem has been the inability of the magazine springs to keep up with cycle rate. If you wish to proceed, I suggest the heaviest magazine spring you can find and making the inside of your magazines as slick as possible.

Instead of hi-jacking dillinger & canebrake's build-off thread, thinking we ought to start a separate one for this topic. I'll start one and link to it in the next day or two (schedule allowing ).

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-04-2009, 05:15 PM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Thank you VERY much!

Old 03-04-2009, 05:22 PM   #3

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Done. and Done.

JD

Old 03-04-2009, 05:37 PM   #4

How is the recoil of your single stack Dillinger? What should MY creation be named??? The MAIN reason I want double stack so bad, other than to have 15 shots of .460 Rowland power, is simply because of my big paws being too big for good fit on conventional single stack 1911s. With single stack 1911, I have to put wrap around grips on them in order to fit my big hands. Double stack guns fit me MUCH better, especially after adding an long trigger and bigger grips. Sometimes being a bigger guy only means things don't fit & I'm a bigger target!

Old 03-04-2009, 05:43 PM   #5

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Bear - I am working on my range report now, but I actually found that I going to get thinner grips because I want to be able to hold onto more real estate with this thing.

I have big hands too, probably not as large as yours though, and have preferred thicker, more bulbous grips on the single stack 1911. It just fit my hand better.

The muzzle break does a good job of managing recoil, plus it's all steel up front ( long with my whole weapon ) so there is some heft there. Mine weighs in at 1.9lbs unloaded.

I was posting yesterday that I thought an aluminum framed 1911, with +P, has a similiar kick to it, the difference is in the gas that vents out the top. I could actually feel it hitting the top of the booth and then coming back down on my hair... LOL

The round is a smoker and it REALLY gets people's attention. I have some plans for a real world test of the rounds abilities once I finish off the project and that will probably help some guys see what this round is really capable of.

I can tell you this, I would NOT want to get hit in the chest with thing, even with body armor on. The terminal transmission of energy would probably stop your heart.

JD

Old 03-04-2009, 05:45 PM   #6

Liked 1423 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
What should MY creation be named???
How about Boo Boo?

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello
motorheadwayne Likes This 
Old 03-04-2009, 06:38 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
How about Boo Boo?

That's hilarious.

Old 03-04-2009, 06:53 PM   #8

I can't see it being called bear's boo boo-sounds like I got a cut or sounds like my nasty region LMAO!!!

Old 03-04-2009, 07:07 PM   #9

How about Ursa or Ursidae?

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud in "General Introduction to Psychoanalysis"

"My dear boy, I love hearing my relations abused. It is the only thing that makes me put up with them at all. Relations are simply a tedious pack of people, who haven’t got the remotest knowledge of how to live, nor the smallest instinct about when to die."

Old 03-04-2009, 07:35 PM   #10

Liked 1423 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Or Major Ursa; reciprocal of Usra Major.

Befiting of my bro stalkingbear!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello