Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects > .243 win rugur mk2 target

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2012, 12:39 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default .243 win rugur mk2 target

Have brought a hopps boresnake for my rifle and I cannot get it going through the barrel on the box it says .243 anybody have any idea thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-05-2012, 12:22 AM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2235 Times on 1119 Posts
Likes Given: 1146

Jase,

No guarantee that it is the correct caliber if it won't go in the barrel! They may have put the wrong caliber in the wrong package. Weirder things have happened! What ever you do, do not try to force it! Call the company and advise them of your problem.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 01-05-2012, 01:42 AM   #3
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1743 Times on 948 Posts
Likes Given: 547

There will be a caliber stamped on the brass drop weight on the end of the bore snake. Can you mic the weight to see if it is the correct size? Can you look through the barrel with bolt out to make sure there are no obstructions?

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 01-05-2012, 10:25 AM   #4

Hi boys thanks for helping me I have checked the barrel for any obstruction and they isn't any and I have checked the brass pin on it and it just says 24 I am very confused ??? Lol

Old 01-05-2012, 03:26 PM   #5
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1743 Times on 948 Posts
Likes Given: 547

We are talking about a 243 rifle, arent we? They may have expanded it at the stamp. You could try gently fitting it at the muzzle to see if it fits properly. If it slides easily in at the muzzle, you may have a bore restriction which means a bad barrel or possibly hard fouling build up like copper.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 01-06-2012, 02:01 AM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8445 Times on 3663 Posts
Likes Given: 1301

Are you trying to use a .243 boresnake with a Ruger .22 pistol? If so, it is not going to fit. It is almost 1/4 inch. It is made for use with a high powered rifle- .243 is a .308 cartridge necked down to .243. The .22 rimfire is a whole 'nother cartridge, and much smaller.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt