Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects > 2009 AR15 Project

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2008, 03:09 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default 2009 AR15 Project

This December I started a project to build an AR-15 by purchasing the parts separately and complete the project by end of Dec 2009.

Since the 2008 elections parts for the AR15 are very difficult to locate and in most cases sold out entirely. I was lucky my first week of parts hunting and found a new stripped DPMS .223 lower receiver at Target Masters in Garland, TX for less than $150.

lower.jpg

In the final days of Christmas I lucked out again and found the lower parts kit for the receiver online at White Oak Armament for $40. The parts arrived a day before X-Mas with a broken parts bag that let all the parts loose. I managed to locate all the parts except for one small pin so I'll have to wait a few more days until it arrives in the mail.

3lpk.jpg

Here are some pictures of what I have so far.

Here is my question. What color should I pick for my hardware? Black, OD Green,or Tan? If you happen to call any of the vendors in my list, please tell them that lucky4sure dot com referred them.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-01-2009, 06:55 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

i personally like the classic black
but its personal preference

"If guns cause crime then all of mine are defective." -Ted Nugent

Old 01-30-2009, 02:08 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by junho806 View Post
i personally like the classic black
but its personal preference
Junho806,

I broke down and went black. Once I get it together then maybe I'll start making changes.

Just want to get the dang thing together before it's banned. lol

I have some nice video of me putting the lower receiver together at my site http://www.lucky4sure.com.

JCDallas