Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects > 1911 build... where is the best place for parts

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 02:46 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
SSGN_Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,121
Liked 1967 Times on 1167 Posts
Likes Given: 423

Default

I got good customer service from Fusion when I bought from them several years ago.

Another place to look is Foster Inc. They are the parent company for Caspian and they sell Caspian blemished frames at a discount. They won't release any frames through the Caspian name unless they look perfect, so the ones with cosmetic blemishes only get closed out through Foster. They don't release any that have structural or functional flaws, only cosmetic.

__________________
SSGN_Doc is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:55 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
brokengunguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 74
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
I got good customer service from Fusion when I bought from them several years ago.

Another place to look is Foster Inc. They are the parent company for Caspian and they sell Caspian blemished frames at a discount. They won't release any frames through the Caspian name unless they look perfect, so the ones with cosmetic blemishes only get closed out through Foster. They don't release any that have structural or functional flaws, only cosmetic.
Fosters looks good I will call the and talk to them. Do you know if they do 80% frames?
__________________
brokengunguy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:11 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
brokengunguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 74
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

I'm also wanting to do a build from 80% as well so looking for 80% frames.

__________________
brokengunguy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:23 PM   #14
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
danf_fl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: LA (Lower Alabama),FL
Posts: 10,053
Liked 2650 Times on 1545 Posts
Likes Given: 1175

Default

There was a setup like that on gunbroker.com
Slide and 80% frame.
Also, Numrich advertised frames they have available.

__________________

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

danf_fl is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:46 AM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
SSGN_Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,121
Liked 1967 Times on 1167 Posts
Likes Given: 423

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokengunguy View Post
Fosters looks good I will call the and talk to them. Do you know if they do 80% frames?
I'm not sure. The way taht I understand it to work is that Foster sells the frames that are completed and have cosmetic blemishes only after they are finished, but they may be able to help you locate an 80% frame.

I met an officer at teh fleet matches who had built several 1911s on Foster frames. He had a couple that were still just bare frames and he showed us the blemishes. Not much more than scuffs in the final bead blast on one, and a minor ding in a corner of the dust cover on the other. Things that would be covered up with a final buff, bead blast, and parkerizing.
__________________
SSGN_Doc is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:09 AM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
brokengunguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 74
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post

I'm not sure. The way taht I understand it to work is that Foster sells the frames that are completed and have cosmetic blemishes only after they are finished, but they may be able to help you locate an 80% frame.

I met an officer at teh fleet matches who had built several 1911s on Foster frames. He had a couple that were still just bare frames and he showed us the blemishes. Not much more than scuffs in the final bead blast on one, and a minor ding in a corner of the dust cover on the other. Things that would be covered up with a final buff, bead blast, and parkerizing.
I like fosters they look good and the price's don't look that bad.
I'm going to contact them and ask about 80% frames.
__________________
brokengunguy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
LBK parts question/ AR build... tomykay12 AR-15 Discussion 4 12-21-2012 04:46 AM
Ak parts kit build MachineHead DIY Projects 2 12-19-2012 10:21 PM
Ar 15 first build, upper parts opsshadowninja AR-15 Discussion 1 10-21-2012 08:03 AM
Ordered parts for AR-15 build danf_fl AR-15 Discussion 3 08-18-2012 12:44 AM
Best place to by ar lowers and other parts ? WhiteJD4 AR-15 Discussion 5 12-27-2011 05:57 PM