Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects > 1911 build... where is the best place for parts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 02:46 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1967 Times on 1167 Posts
Likes Given: 423

I got good customer service from Fusion when I bought from them several years ago.

Another place to look is Foster Inc. They are the parent company for Caspian and they sell Caspian blemished frames at a discount. They won't release any frames through the Caspian name unless they look perfect, so the ones with cosmetic blemishes only get closed out through Foster. They don't release any that have structural or functional flaws, only cosmetic.

Old 01-08-2013, 01:55 PM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
I got good customer service from Fusion when I bought from them several years ago.

Another place to look is Foster Inc. They are the parent company for Caspian and they sell Caspian blemished frames at a discount. They won't release any frames through the Caspian name unless they look perfect, so the ones with cosmetic blemishes only get closed out through Foster. They don't release any that have structural or functional flaws, only cosmetic.
Fosters looks good I will call the and talk to them. Do you know if they do 80% frames?

Old 01-08-2013, 06:11 PM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I'm also wanting to do a build from 80% as well so looking for 80% frames.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:23 PM   #14
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2650 Times on 1545 Posts
Likes Given: 1175

There was a setup like that on gunbroker.com
Slide and 80% frame.
Also, Numrich advertised frames they have available.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 01-09-2013, 12:46 AM   #15

Liked 1967 Times on 1167 Posts
Likes Given: 423

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokengunguy View Post
Fosters looks good I will call the and talk to them. Do you know if they do 80% frames?
I'm not sure. The way taht I understand it to work is that Foster sells the frames that are completed and have cosmetic blemishes only after they are finished, but they may be able to help you locate an 80% frame.

I met an officer at teh fleet matches who had built several 1911s on Foster frames. He had a couple that were still just bare frames and he showed us the blemishes. Not much more than scuffs in the final bead blast on one, and a minor ding in a corner of the dust cover on the other. Things that would be covered up with a final buff, bead blast, and parkerizing.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:09 AM   #16

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post

I'm not sure. The way taht I understand it to work is that Foster sells the frames that are completed and have cosmetic blemishes only after they are finished, but they may be able to help you locate an 80% frame.

I met an officer at teh fleet matches who had built several 1911s on Foster frames. He had a couple that were still just bare frames and he showed us the blemishes. Not much more than scuffs in the final bead blast on one, and a minor ding in a corner of the dust cover on the other. Things that would be covered up with a final buff, bead blast, and parkerizing.
I like fosters they look good and the price's don't look that bad.
I'm going to contact them and ask about 80% frames.