10-22 Action Job

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects > 10-22 Action Job

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2014, 01:19 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 60 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default 10-22 Action Job

I performed this simple action job on a 10-22. Anyone can do this with sandpaper and perhaps a buffer.

Start by pushing out all the pins in the trigger assembly and separating the parts.

I start with 100 grit, then 220 grit, then 400 grit, then some time on the buffer

The 1st part that we will clean up is the hammer. Polish the back side where the hammer is pushed back by the bolt

The turn the hammer over and clean up the rounded end, be careful of the notch, that is what holds your hammer until you pull the trigger. Leave the edge sharp, Like always, go slow & check your work often.

Then polish the dis-connector

Then the bottom side of the sear

Then flip over and do the top side, leave the edge sharp

next polish the nose of the sear, again leave the edge sharp

Then polish the round nose of the hammer strut where it rides in the back of the hammer

Then round and polish the hammer plunger, this is what resets your trigger

I disassemble the bolt and polish the firing pin and extractor with 400 grit, this makes them flat and burr free

Next I polish the bolt, top, sides and bottom, you should see a wear spot where the hammer has been riding on the bottom.

I then reassemble the trigger group and bolt

The last step is to clean up the top of the receiver.

The full write up can be seen at my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/2014/04/10-22-action-job.html

Last edited by TINCANBANDIT; 04-16-2014 at 01:31 AM.
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-18-2014, 03:17 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 19

That is really cool. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk