Working on a Beretta Model 1934
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Working on a Beretta Model 1934

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2012, 01:38 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Working on a Beretta Model 1934

I'm thinking about buying a Beretta Model 1934 from which some putz pulled the lanyard loop. It wasn't cut off. It was pulled out of the frame, leaving two little holes. I've looked all over the Internet and can not find a replacement loop, but believe I could probably fashion one, myself. If I were to make it out of a heavy wire slightly larger than the holes, how hot would I want to heat the disassembled frame in order to tap it into the holes? (Obviously I wouldn't want to get it hot enough to mess up the temper.) Any thoughts?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-26-2012, 02:00 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9395 Times on 4049 Posts
Likes Given: 1476

Make your replacement- slide in fit. Then use side cutters to groove the shank of the loop so that grooves will be inside the frame of the pistol. Coat with Loc-Tite Red, tap into place. It should stay there.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 01-26-2012, 03:01 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Make your replacement- slide in fit. Then use side cutters to groove the shank of the loop so that grooves will be inside the frame of the pistol. Coat with Loc-Tite Red, tap into place. It should stay there.
Sounds reasonable. Thanks!

Old 01-26-2012, 05:04 AM   #4

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter
This will work or find you some tig wire just a little bigger in diameter. Cut to length then shape it to size you want. Grind down outside edge until still just and i do mean just barely bigger than holes the lok tite it w red tube and tap it home w a rubber mallot/hammer

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did