Wolff spring kit for Ruger SP101 instructions?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Wolff spring kit for Ruger SP101 instructions?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2011, 11:17 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 26 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Wolff spring kit for Ruger SP101 instructions?

Just ordered a kit for the SP101. Question is does it come with installation instructions. I know IBOK has detailed instructions but this is the only thing I plan on doing to the SP101 so I don't want to order the book. The video on you tube is not the greatest, is there any other videos out there to walk me through it. Seems easy enough but sometimes I have trouble tying my shoes under stress

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-04-2011, 11:25 PM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

The Wolff spring kit should come with instructions. I haven't even looked at the instructions for YEARS however so I cannot tell you how good they are. I'm sure there's videos out there showing you how to do it-I don't fool with youtube. It should be self explanatory once you pop off the grips. Use the lightest spring in the kit.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 01-06-2011, 08:41 PM   #3

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

My, you have been a busy one posting the same question on a bunch of different gun forums. My kit did not come with any instructions a couple of years back, things may have changed. I would do what Bear said and use the lightest spring in the pack for good trigger results. Here is the SP101's detailed instruction manual, it should make the spring replacement much easier to do.

http://pdf.textfiles.com/manuals/FIREARMS/ruger_sp101.pdf

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 01-19-2011, 12:36 AM   #4

Default Instructions

I recently upgraded my GP100 with the Wolf springs. AND yes it did come with instructions. You will also need a current breakdown drawing for the SP100 in order to confirm your design. BTW: they work GREAT!

Grizzly