Winchester Parts Restoration Model 94
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Winchester Parts Restoration Model 94

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2008, 01:38 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Winchester Parts Restoration Model 94

Hello guys, new to the forum as you can tell,first post, after looking for hours on the net i came upon this forum.I would love some input on whether or not to put my Grandfathers Rifle back to its original form, or leave it alone as for Collectors value.For some reason i assumed it would be easy to find a full lenth 30" original magazine tube and Barrel Ring,as he had this cut back when he was a Guide in 1918,and found it too heavy to carry.This is what i see missing from what i can tell.
Magazine tube cut back 6 inches
Barrel ring missing
Rear site elevater missing

any help on this would be great,like to restore and give it to my son,i still hunt with this Rifle as to date,works awsome,has won many Target shooting contests.
Rifle is a Model 1894 30WCF Octagon Nickle Barrel, Factory Rear Leimans Peep
Serial#174975

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-04-2008, 04:23 PM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

If it works why fix it. If you plan to pass it down in the family and your grandfather had it modified I would personally what to pass it down that way. The story of why he had it done will also go with the gun and have alittle more meaning to each ganeration. Just my oppenion.

Catfish
Ohio

Old 03-12-2008, 04:21 AM   #3

You might check www.gunpartscorp.com/ if you haven't already. If you don't have any luck, brownells might sell "blank" mag tubes that you can cut and fit. Good luck.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:19 PM   #4

Contact Jim Wisner, he should have everything you need. http://www.wisnersinc.com/rifles/winchester/94.html
-Don