Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Winchester Model 12 Ejector keeps breaking???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2010, 10:52 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Winchester Model 12 Ejector keeps breaking???

I am helping a friend out with his 1941 Winchester Model 12 16 Gauge. The ejector was missing when he brought it over to me. I purchased this one 3 times-
WINCHESTER | 25, 12 | ITEM#279860 | e-GunParts.com
Every time I got one in I would take close to an hour to file the part so it fit into place. Then the first time I cycle the action the ejector would snap in half. It took me 3 ejectors before I figured out the problem. The ejector is not staying in place inside the action. The spring pushes pressure on the front of the ejector (against the bolt) causing the back of the ejector to come out of place. Then when the bolt is cycled it pinches the ejector against the back of the action causing it to snap in half. I thought to maybe place a small dent in the back of the ejector to cause the metal to widen minutely but I am afraid that may damage the spring clamps. Not sure. So I thought I would ask a few experts before I continue what they think.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-09-2010, 12:50 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2598 Times on 1366 Posts
Likes Given: 200

Are you using a 12 ga ejector on a 16 ga gun? I am not familiar enough with the M-12 to know whether the two are the same.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 02-09-2010, 09:47 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I can't find any where an ejector specifically made for a 12 gauge or 16 gauge. I can only find one made for a model 12 specifically.