Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Gunsmithing Forum (
-   -   Who can install 28 gauge choke tubes (

jdavis 08-09-2009 03:40 PM

Who can install 28 gauge choke tubes
I'm looking for a gunsmith who can install choke tubes in my Remington 1100 barrel. There are plenty around who do 12 and 20 gauge tubes, but I'm having trouble finding someone who does 28 gauge barrels. Any recomendations would be greatly appreciated.

stalkingbear 08-10-2009 09:14 AM

All your local gunsmith has to do is buy/rent the reamer & threader for 28 gauge. The reason they don't carry them is there's darn little demand & they don't want to fork out the money on tooling they may only use once. They can rent the tooling to do the job in order to keep from having to buy it.

jdavis 08-17-2009 12:51 AM

Where could I rent the reamer and tap to do the job?

dunerunner 08-17-2009 12:56 AM

Why not replace the barrel with a 20 gauge? If the shotgun is an heirloom, leave it alone an buy a new gun!! There is alway a good reason to buy a new weapon!!:)

W. C. Quantrill 08-17-2009 02:20 PM

Call Brownells.

Send them the barrel and they will do it right and send it back to you for less money than you can mess around with it.

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:46 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.