Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > What are nowadays weapon issues?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 05:27 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default What are nowadays weapon issues?

I would like to learn from you what the problems with nowadays guns both in the technical and practical aspects. If you have experience of any kind regarding weapons handling, safety, etc, I ould like to know. Likewise, if you fixe or produce them, I would like to meet these issues.

The more you can deepen on the subject, the better. I hope you guys can help me with this.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-27-2013, 05:57 AM   #2

Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

one word price...

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 03-27-2013, 07:29 AM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Lack of one important piece to the puzzle... AMMO! :-(

Old 03-27-2013, 07:47 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6044 Times on 3313 Posts
Likes Given: 11596

A lot of people (myself included) have reported trouble with the current production Ruger 10/22 charging handle not sliding on the guide rod. Sometimes to the point that tools and force are required to dislodge it from resting. I don't know if it is a misalignment, the guide rod diameter is too much smaller than the hole in the charging handle creating a disagreeable angle, the guide rod gets unnoticeably bent, whatever the culprit, it is frustrating. I did some online research and it seems to be a common complaint. I ordered a replacement guide rod. Hope that helps.

Old 03-27-2013, 03:46 PM   #5

Liked 176 Times on 113 Posts
Likes Given: 50

One topic that keeps popping up is the ability for semi-auto guns to successfully feed steel case ammo from the old communist bloc countries. Some guns have no problems, while others choke up. I think that this problem could be addressed by some good gunsmith.

Old 03-27-2013, 04:07 PM   #6
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2655 Times on 1548 Posts
Likes Given: 1176

I've seen where Walther 9mms have choked with steel cased ammo that had a coating.
The chamber was warm from a fairly long string and the coating was adhering to the chamber area.

After slowing down the rate of fire, the firearm functioned correctly.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)