Weaponry color patterns

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Weaponry color patterns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2010, 05:02 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Weaponry color patterns

Hello. First of all, I'm new here and I'm a weapons fan. So if my comments aren't that accurated or are mostly questions, you know why. Also, I'm not english native.

Well, I'd like to ask the pros about the reasons of weapons pattern.

The most natural pattern on military weaponry (actually the manucture finish raw color) are darker colors. Is this related to the materials used in, or it someway-somehow as an standar modern 'camo'?
*I mean, since warfare turned modern I feel like guns stopped bein' all fancy and colorfull not only by manufacturin' reason, but also as an standar camo. A color that makes guns easy to conceal rather than givin' ease to outer eyes.

I've noticed most civilian (Sports mostly) are fashioned on shiny patterns. Is this also for separate home protection guns from sport shootin' guns. Is the raw color of sport guns (Most I've seen comes in shiny gray/silver like) done to ve easily perceptible to the eye?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-22-2010, 12:00 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Welcome to the forum. Stop by the introductions area and let everyone know you're here.

Hunting or civilian weapons may or may not have the "shiny" finish as you call it. Some are all black, cammo, stainless, have a nice wood stock or maybe synthetic, depends on it's use. Synthetic stock doesn't swell or shrink with weather like wood, stainless won't rust, cammo can help you hide for the harder to hunt animals, they all have a reason.

Military does not want ANYTHING shiny, ANYWHERE. Why? It creates a glare from the sun, reflects light at night, basically gives away your position.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer