Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > The way all craftsman should work

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2014, 01:09 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 910 Times on 603 Posts
Likes Given: 564

Yeah, I have noticed that in the meetings, everybody is all "quality", "do it right the 1st time" etc. talk, and then on the floor or out in the field, when there is a perceived rush, all that is right out the window.

I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.

Old 05-26-2014, 02:47 PM   #42
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20884 Times on 11872 Posts
Likes Given: 52436

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
Yeah, I have noticed that in the meetings, everybody is all "quality", "do it right the 1st time" etc. talk, and then on the floor or out in the field, when there is a perceived rush, all that is right out the window.
i have dealt with that one more than once in the past as well.

i don't allow myself to be rushed anymore, simply because i know what will happen when i'm rushed and pushed to cut corners i know shouldn't be cut in the first place.

if something is a rush job, i just work in he most efficient manner possible and stay on the job doing it correctly. i won't cut corners or do it half-azzed in any way.

i have refused to allow things to go on a job simply because i knew it would fail. i don't send something out with the hopes it will do it's job.
clr8ter Likes This