Tritium front sight for Beretta 92F?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Tritium front sight for Beretta 92F?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2008, 03:20 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Tritium front sight for Beretta 92F?

I have a Beretta 92F with a fixed front sight. By fixed I mean that it is an integral part of the slide. I want to install tritium sights. What (if any) are my options. Can it be bored and have tritium fixture slid into it? Does it have to be machined off and have a dovetail cut into the slide to accommodate an aftermarket tritium sight? (who would do it?)

Or am I simply out of luck here?

VernDog

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-25-2008, 06:55 PM   #2

Easiest would be to pop the slide off and mail it to Trijicon. They will drill the front sight and install an ampule and install the tritium rear sight.

Just the slide can be sent via US mail...leave the frame at home..they dont need it .

Old 12-26-2008, 01:46 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgunsmith View Post
Easiest would be to pop the slide off and mail it to Trijicon. They will drill the front sight and install an ampule and install the tritium rear sight.

Just the slide can be sent via US mail...leave the frame at home..they dont need it .
Thank you D... greatly appreciated.