trigger job - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > trigger job

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2012, 02:10 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 763 Times on 442 Posts
Likes Given: 461

Sorry OP, must agree with the other posts here. If your daughter cannot physically manage the mechanics of the gun, she is not ready for it. Modifying a purposely designed heavy trigger pull is a dangerous proposition if done to "force" a child's ability before they are ready. She has plenty of time to develop the dexterity and hand strength required to do it safely.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-10-2012, 02:28 AM   #12

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I have to agree with Trip, Axxe, and Bear on this one. If a customer came into our shop and asked for what you just asked; we would tell them 'no' in much the same manner as these 3 have said it to you.
I have also seen too many botched home trigger jobs to encourage anyone who has to ask how it is done, to do one. It is incredibly easy to make a semi-auto hand gun go full-auto with just a few small tweaks in the wrong places of a trigger group.

Tangent: Grammar and punctuation are important on forums like this because a slight error can drastcally change the meaning of what you have said. Taking the time to spell words correctly, and get those dots in the right places helps to avoid confusion. I'm no english teacher, and I make my fair share of mistakes, but I try. Not to make myself look smarter, but so others can understand me more easily. Someone who doesn't take a few moments to proofread and correct their posts, is telling us they don't feel we are worth that extra effort. Although a minor one, it is a sign of disrespect to other members of the forum.

People Like This 
Old 06-10-2012, 02:35 AM   #13
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21724 Times on 12314 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

dang Wilder i'll have to brush up on my grammar now! but in all seriousness, well said and thank you for another point for him to consider.

JPyle, well said by you too and some good advice from you also.

i am hoping that he understands this is a bad idea before something tragic happens.

Old 06-20-2012, 04:56 AM   #14
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8507 Times on 4923 Posts
Likes Given: 11055

I agree with the others, on both counts.

If the trigger is too heavy for your daughter then she is not ready for that gun. If you are asking on a forum how to do a trigger job you should not even think of attempting it based on what you read on the internet.

If you spend some time here on FTF, you will find that we as a group are probably just as passionate about children and safety as we are about firearms, especially when they are combined. I have kids, they learned how to shoot at a young age. They are easily more strict about safety discipline as I am, and I am proud of that because we (their mom (who is also my wife) and I) worked very hard to get them where they are.

What you are proposing to do is not only unsafe, it is unwise to teach your daughter that approach to firearms. Meaning that if a gun doesn't suit you for some reason then you monkey with it until it either suits you or you screw it up (the latter is probably more likely with what you describe) and somebody gets shot and possibly killed.

Old 06-20-2012, 05:13 AM   #15

Viking, i think the guy left the forum. he made these postings about the pistol and hasn't been back since. probably in search of another forum where he can find someone who will tell him how to do it. we can only hope his child is not the casualty of his arrogance and ignorance.

BTW, i like what you said anyways. mirrors what others and i tried to tell him. glad to see someone else sees the big picture too.

Old 06-20-2012, 05:23 AM   #16

Axxe,
I figure he did as well, but on the off chance that he is still lurking I fired that off.

Thanks for the props.

Old 06-20-2012, 05:27 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Axxe,
I figure he did as well, but on the off chance that he is still lurking I fired that off.

Thanks for the props.
good call Viking. if he is just lurking, better for him to see more of us just don't think it's a wise thing to do. BTW, you'r welcome and thanks to you for posting too.

Old 06-20-2012, 05:32 AM   #18

de Nada, we have to do it "for the children".

Old 06-20-2012, 05:38 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
de Nada, we have to do it "for the children".
personally i don't have any kids, but that doesn't mean i want someone putting a child in danger because of stupidity. i know that many members here do have kids and they tend to take safety of firearms and their children pretty serious and i am glad to see that.

Old 06-20-2012, 05:46 AM   #20

My best friend (who is 15 years older than me) doesn't have any kids and has never really liked them around, but he likes my boys and invites us to the range where he is a lifetime member all the time. He has even given a couple of guns to the boys.

You don't have to have kids to love 'em, or at least to care about their safety.

I hope the OP figures out that we are right before he finds some idiot to tell him how to do a trigger job.