Trigger Installation Price ???
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Trigger Installation Price ???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2014, 07:16 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Trigger Installation Price ???

I just spoke with a local gun smith to see how much it would cost it install a Timny Trigger on Remington 700. All he would have to do is take the X-Mark Pro Trigger out and drop the Timny in. I was told it would cost a few hundred dollars to do the job. What I don’t understand is timny 520 trigger drops right in and can be adjusted with a hex key and a trigger pull gage. I was told the adjustment is what brings the price up. Is this the normal price for a job like this ?

Ps....I have all the parts needed no parts would be from the gunsmith.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-28-2014, 07:31 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2570 Times on 1256 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Max,
This guy is a pirate! A good gunsmith should be able to put it in adjust it for around $65.00. Who is the pirate and his shop name! We need put the word out on people like him. Look online for a Remington Certified Service Center. If they are close you could call make an appointment drop the rifle off go to lunch and come back and pick it up. Ours happens to be in Louisville, KY. There are many here I am sure on the Forum that are armorers that could install it for you but the only downfall is the cost of shipping, insurance and handling! It is not a problem to install just takes a little time and knowledge!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

People Like This 
Old 04-28-2014, 07:44 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2876 Times on 1432 Posts
Likes Given: 303

Quote:
Originally Posted by max344 View Post
I just spoke with a local gun smith to see how much it would cost it install a Timny Trigger on Remington 700. All he would have to do is take the X-Mark Pro Trigger out and drop the Timny in. I was told it would cost a few hundred dollars to do the job. What I don’t understand is timny 520 trigger drops right in and can be adjusted with a hex key and a trigger pull gage. I was told the adjustment is what brings the price up. Is this the normal price for a job like this ?

Ps....I have all the parts needed no parts would be from the gunsmith.
Watch this video and then you decide whether the job is worth "a few hundred dollars." IMHO, the previous $65 quote sounds about right.

http://youtu.be/cnCh9Wdb5-c

Opinions vary, but that looks like something I'd attempt myself. Adjusting an adjustable trigger ain't all that tricky. Trigger pull gauges aren't that expensive ($16 on up, IAW Google) either.
NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld

Last edited by Overkill0084; 04-28-2014 at 07:49 PM.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 04-28-2014, 10:58 PM   #4
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21592 Times on 12249 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

a couple of hundred dollars? it's about a half hour job if the guy takes his time. i would have to guess a reasonable price to be about $50-75. i have replaced triggers on my Remington M700's in the past and adjusted them. as said a decent trigger pull guage isn't very expensive. mine cost about $20. the only other tools needed are an allen wrench to adjust the trigger and a small punch and a hammer to remove the trigger and reinstall the new one.

yeah, the guy is yanking your chain big time.

Old 05-02-2014, 01:26 AM   #5
The only democracy and friend in the region
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1777 Times on 991 Posts
Likes Given: 5366

My guess is that he just said "I don't have time or the inclination to do it,.......... Unless you REALLY make it worth my while"

But then again, he might have high overhead, high insurance rates or a new boat.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 05-02-2014, 09:23 PM   #6

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

My shop charges $50.00 to install and adjust. It is a simple job but you need to have your head on straight to check that everything was done correctly. Oh, and I warranty my work so I'll readjust it until it's right all under the same charge.

I can't imagine what could cost several hundred dollars. Unless he misunderstood and thought he would have to supply the trigger?

Ryan Hoover
hcpgunsmithing.com
"Attention to detail is the mark of a craftsman."

People Like This