Trigger clean up
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Trigger clean up

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2013, 03:07 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 7 Posts

Default Trigger clean up

Got my wife a 380 Bodyguard and she is having problems with the trigger pull.
Is there anyone in the Phoenix area that can clean up the trigger pull if that is possible.
thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-30-2013, 03:30 PM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3113 Times on 1788 Posts
Likes Given: 1325

Let me ask, did you take the wife with when you selected the gun?

With the Bodyguard being a DAO, the trigger pull has to be heavy for the striker to hit the primer reliably.

I would suggest that you return the firearm (with wife in tow) and let her select the firearm she thinks will work for her.

(This is why I do not even buy shoes for the wife without her being available to try them on first.)

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

People Like This 
Old 12-30-2013, 03:43 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2689 Times on 1868 Posts
Likes Given: 1364

Guns are typically non-returnable. Unless the dealer would do you a big favor, you might be able to trade it in or sell it back to him. If your wife needs a small SD pistol, this kind of trigger is better than single action/manual safety. This is not a hobby or target pistol.

Old 12-30-2013, 03:48 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6018 Times on 3152 Posts
Likes Given: 431

The ruger lcp has a better trigger and I think is a better gun than the sw. As others said let the wife pick. The ruger lcr and sw airweight revolvers have really good dao triggers. Just not a personal fan of the bodyguard.

Buying a gun for a wife or girlfriend without their input or trying is pretty much a 110% bad idea as you have discovered

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

People Like This 
Old 12-30-2013, 04:11 PM   #5

Liked 20 Times on 7 Posts

No she was not with me when purchased as it was a gift.
She did shoot one that belonged to another lady and liked the compactness of it and didn't seem to have any problems. This one seem to have a much more course harder pull than the other one. Don't know if any work was done on the one she shot. She is used to a DA as she has a older Charter Arms in cal. 22 mag.
She is an experienced shooter on mostly S&W K frames and is a CCW holder.
Maybe a hundred rounds down the pipe she will get use to it, If not I will put it in my collection and find something different.

Old 12-30-2013, 04:29 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6018 Times on 3152 Posts
Likes Given: 431

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cade View Post
No she was not with me when purchased as it was a gift.
She did shoot one that belonged to another lady and liked the compactness of it and didn't seem to have any problems. This one seem to have a much more course harder pull than the other one. Don't know if any work was done on the one she shot. She is used to a DA as she has a older Charter Arms in cal. 22 mag.
She is an experienced shooter on mostly S&W K frames and is a CCW holder.
Maybe a hundred rounds down the pipe she will get use to it, If not I will put it in my collection and find something different.
If she liked the used one the issue is the new one hasn't been shot enough. 200 rounds and the trigger will liekly be just fine for her. These little guns do need some use and time to get a good feel to them.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

phideaux Likes This 
Old 12-30-2013, 05:37 PM   #7

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts

My suggestion would try a walther pk 380 especially if ur wife has small hands its a great hand gun easy to carry

Sent from my XT901 using Firearms Talk mobile app

Old 12-31-2013, 01:01 AM   #8
For unto us a child is born..
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1897 Times on 1053 Posts
Likes Given: 5713

for fun, I googled "BodyGuard Trigger Job"

Interesting results. (didn't really read any of the linked data just the text shown on the search results page).

Seems to be a much discussed topic with aftermarket solutions.
Let me state: I don't advocate any

What I was hoping to find was a mechanical means to retain,detain some of the action while operating the linked trigger,sear,hammer assembly to assist in accelerating the break-in wear.

If you are safe (you and the firing mechanism) to dry fire, you can spend some quality time clicking something other than a mouse and get some results.

12 pounds seems like a lot to me, smoothing any roughness will only help.

You may need to keep this one for yourself and let her pick out a couple of new ones that suit her better.

This would be my solution.

Email your representatives USE THIS LINK

KG7IL