Tool Recommendation Please - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Tool Recommendation Please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013, 01:01 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1615 Times on 1106 Posts
Likes Given: 567

I have a carpenters vise that I really like. I own a press so I never beat pins out. The carpenters vise is rubber coated so it never scratches my guns and it is portable. I often take it to the range so I can clean my gun while I am waiting on friends.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 02-13-2013, 01:16 AM   #12

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

LBwar15 - Thanks, I bought the XD cause I liked its looks. I got the sig b/c a trusted friend recommended, and the SKS is a BullPup project. I am enamored with BullPup rifles but I don't have much dough. I am married!! Of all the kits I have found, the one from Shernic has many good reviews. My next rifle will be an AR and may try to build from scratch...if I feel lucky!!

Old 02-13-2013, 02:12 AM   #13

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDogTodd77
LBwar15 - Thanks, I bought the XD cause I liked its looks. I got the sig b/c a trusted friend recommended, and the SKS is a BullPup project. I am enamored with BullPup rifles but I don't have much dough. I am married!! Of all the kits I have found, the one from Shernic has many good reviews. My next rifle will be an AR and may try to build from scratch...if I feel lucky!!
XD's are grate guns. Was my first "service cal" gun. I had a bursa thunder .380 before. Sigs are crazy reliable. There is a reason there frays is To Hell And Back. Even most of the Navy seals choose the P226. You will hear someone say glocks suck. You will hear XD's suck. You will hear M&P's suck. But you will never hear anyone say Sig's suck.

Building your own is a grate way to go (and not as hard as some might thank). You can build a much better quality gun for cheaper. (If you have the tools) Why pay $1200 for a gun when you can build one of equal quality for about $800? But the current market is not good for someone trying to start an AR project. If all goose our way things will be back to normal in time.