Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Tipton gun vise turned into a bench vise.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2014, 02:33 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 326 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 149

Default Tipton gun vise turned into a bench vise.

I don;t have the room or sturdy table required for a high quality bench vise. As a few of you know, I bought a Tipton gun vise a while back. Love the thing. I took a 2X4 and cut it to about 7 inches. Now I have a bench vise by using the firearm stock tightener that is built into the tipton gun vise. The wood block acts as a jaw and the vise is sturdy enough. Obviously I am not going to be bending pipe, but for my smith work, it will do just fine until I get my own shop to put a proper bench in. I am really happy with the way it works and how sturdy the wood presses against the item. For instance, I was able to sharpen my multi tool wire cutters with it, no movement at all!!! The uses are endless.

Innovation is one of the greatest things God gave us, next to common sense. Sadly common sense is not that common **cough liberals** cough***

Anyway I am happy with it. And all I have to do is take the wood block out and boom, it's back to a stock vise!!!

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here