Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > super black eagle 2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2013, 12:20 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Default super black eagle 2

I have a Benelli in with a problem with the shell carrier coming in contact with the magazine follower not allowing the bolt release to work at all while the magazine is empty. When loaded it works fine. Just wondering if anyone else has run into this problem

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-02-2013, 06:40 AM   #2

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Well, well, I have three more Benelli's in with broke parts!! All autos

Old 07-13-2013, 01:55 PM   #3

If these are the factory plastic followers, replace them with an aluminum one. A dirty/gritty magazine tube wears the plastic follower causing them to protrude to far out of the tube.

These are meant for the worst conditions, why plastic, I haven't a clue. Mine did it after a dry windy conservation season here in Texas.

Old 07-14-2013, 02:56 PM   #4

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Thanks, the aluminum follower has been ordered and installed, I have another one that the carrier pin head has broken off, and both guns has a the issue of the forearm being loose from side to side motion that transfers all the way back to the end of the receiver

Old 07-15-2013, 01:58 PM   #5

There isn't much that an be done for the loose forends, some cabinet door pads help, but they just don't last and the same fore an o-ring. I tried it all and just lived with it. Maxus was the same way, rattle and moved.

The broken pin I can't help you with, I never had that issue.

Old 07-15-2013, 09:31 PM   #6

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

I have two Maxus, not one single problem with them, and they really get used

Old 07-15-2013, 10:58 PM   #7

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

I did locate some flat rubber thin gaskets and it helped the one with the bad magazine follower, only time will tell if it stays tight, a new carrier pin has been ordered for the second SBE2, it will need a rubber shim also

Last edited by ToddJ; 07-15-2013 at 11:00 PM.