Stupid people in gun stores - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Stupid people in gun stores

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 03:16 AM   #41
I used to play keyboards, but now ...
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2888 Times on 1754 Posts
Likes Given: 2866

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
I need to hang around more gun stores. I don't have any good stories other than a woman looking over a new Ruger Mk III a few weeks ago. The action was open as she aimed it at the shop guy's stomach.
"All guns are always loaded." But the person who thinks she knows better says to herself, "Yeah, it's great to overstate the situation to make a point, but I can see that the gun is not loaded, so that makes it OK." Grrrr....
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Old 02-01-2013, 03:22 AM   #42

Liked 227 Times on 170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota
Couple months ago I was at my LGS indoor range. A few stalls down from me a young guy is trying to impress his girlfriend/wife/whatever. He tells her to "watch me". Then he loads up his pocket pistol and rapid fires the magazine full. Guess she was all kinds of impressed with his testosterone levels (no rapid fire allowed by the way). Next he loads up again and hands her the gun. She points the gun downrange, crosses her thumbs behind the grip, closes her eyes and pulls the trigger...once. She drops the gun for the good reason that she has just about slashed the web of her left thumb to the bone. The guy couldn't be bothered to show her how to grip the gun safely, not sure he knew how either. I felt bad, cause I could see her grip was wrong, but couldn't get there in time to stop her. Got some paper towels, told her to apply direct pressure, LGS employees suggested she go to ER since the wound was well beyond Bandaids.
My buddy who's been around guns his whole life did that the first time he fired my sigma .40. Wasn't too deep so I could make fun of him lol. He hasn't done it since!

Old 02-01-2013, 03:28 AM   #43

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I remember the lesson in gun safety I got from my uncle when he taught me about guns we were looking at .22 rifles for my first gun I was checking it out and not really knowing much I swept the muzzle across his head and stopped he grabbed the barrel yanked the rifle out of my hands and put the butt of it into my chest hard enough to make it hurt and he said number 1 always pay attention to where the muzzle is and will go and 2 always clear the weapons even if it was cleared in front of you since that day I always pay attention to gun safety and taught my kids the same way I trust my kids with guns before most people. I wonder why that is?