Stupid people in gun stores - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Stupid people in gun stores

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 11:38 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 276 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 32

I have seen some dumb people at gun shows.

It's a shame I'm in my late teens and know how to handle firearms better than 40 and 50 year old dudes. The last gun show I went to, there were a lot of "zombie hunters", and if I heard "zombie apocalypse" or "zombies" one more time...
They were serious, too.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:55 PM   #22

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Best one I saw....was when a group of 2-3 guys were checking out various pistols in the showcase waiting for a friend to arrive so they could all hit the indoor range. Well, the guy finally showed up and crept up behind his buddy.....stuck his finger into his back and yelled "THIS IS A STICKUP!!"

Let me tell you that EVERY single store employee and a few patrons had their right hands on their guns inches from drawing on him! The guy turned bright red...and one of the employees said something to the tune of, "of all the stupid things NOT to say in a gun store, that has to be the worst one. Dont ever do that again....you were within seconds of being in my sights"

Everyone looked at him and shook their heads!

Old 01-29-2013, 04:56 AM   #23
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1954 Times on 1136 Posts
Likes Given: 4099

I have one, local LGS had a customer was at the counter and I was a little ways to the left looking at .22LR rifles. The customer had a 9mm semi-auto, while holding the pistol she sweeps from right to left and asks how do I look with this gun?

Another customer intervened very quickly and advised to this customer to treat every firearm as if it was loaded and not to point in the direction of others. The pistol is a weapon! The customer was upset and drop the pistol on the counter and left the store.

I forgot to mention, at the range this weekend, this woman was not standing in the bench shooting area (standing a little behind it) as required and she was holding the firearm with finger on or near the trigger and the pistol was pointed downward into the table. Range Control Officer quickly corrected her.

Last edited by Bigcountry02; 01-29-2013 at 05:01 AM.

Old 01-29-2013, 06:29 AM   #24

Liked 181 Times on 134 Posts

Heard a girl barely 18 ask if she could see the pretty pink one in the counter referring to a .38. Quickly denied when asked her age. Just thought that one was funny.

Offered my grandpa some range time few weeks ago, now I love the man to death and I know he's barely shot in his life but when he asked what size bullets it took, I kinda wanted to explain the difference between a "bullet" and "cartridge", also that they're referred to by caliber. Instead it was a simple reply of 7.62x54r, s&w .40, and .357 mag lol

Watched a guy hand his daughter a .22 revolver with out ever checking the chamber. She immediately went for the trigger....

Guy at gander mtn was testing a scope mounted on a rifle by pointing it straight out n the isle where people were walking, never checked the chamber

I think some people need to be handed a pamphlet or given a quick run down before ever handed a fire arm. The negligence and irresponsibility of some is frustrating when it's common since and second nature to you

Old 01-29-2013, 09:17 PM   #25

Liked 77 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 19

I've yet to witness something horrendous other than muzzle sweeping at my LGS. At our local outdoor range one guy started sending lead down range when the range was COLD!! People were still out there putting targets up! I'm fairly certain they tried to press charges on him.

I do remember something that's always stood out to me at the LGS. I was looking at a Used savage that had a scope already mounted. Turned to the guy and asked where can I point this? He looked like someone just told him he's adopted. He said "you are actually the first person to ask me that!" Then pointed me to a safe direction. It's fairly common sense to me but someone once told me that "the problem with common sense is that it's not very common."

If you've got one foot in yesterday, and the other in tomorrow, than you're pissing on today.
-unknown-

Old 01-29-2013, 09:56 PM   #26

Liked 181 Times on 134 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrtWhytHype
I've yet to witness something horrendous other than muzzle sweeping at my LGS. At our local outdoor range one guy started sending lead down range when the range was COLD!! People were still out there putting targets up! I'm fairly certain they tried to press charges on him.

I do remember something that's always stood out to me at the LGS. I was looking at a Used savage that had a scope already mounted. Turned to the guy and asked where can I point this? He looked like someone just told him he's adopted. He said "you are actually the first person to ask me that!" Then pointed me to a safe direction. It's fairly common sense to me but someone once told me that "the problem with common sense is that it's not very common."
I always point then up at about a 45* angle so the mussel is above anyone n the store. Always chamber check them my self before ever shouldering it too. But I agree common sense isn't so common lol

Old 01-29-2013, 10:37 PM   #27

Liked 284 Times on 205 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Me and my wife were at a lgs and three guys walk in and are looking at the rental guns. They were looking at a handgun and one of the guys turns the gun sideways and started waiving left to right and it passed by the guy working behind the counter. I thought he was gonna jump over the counter and beat some ass....

Old 01-29-2013, 10:40 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by fupuk
Me and my wife were at a lgs and three guys walk in and are looking at the rental guns. They were looking at a handgun and one of the guys turns the gun sideways and started waiving left to right and it passed by the guy working behind the counter. I thought he was gonna jump over the counter and beat some ass....
If you hold it sideways, you should be kicked out immediately. Don't buy a gun if you wanna act all gangsta and don't even know how to properly hold it.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:42 PM   #29
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8461 Times on 4903 Posts
Likes Given: 11028

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizord1 View Post
If you hold it sideways, you should be kicked out immediately. Don't buy a gun if you wanna act all gangsta and don't even know how to properly hold it.
Yup. That ought to be an immediate disqualification for gun ownership.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 01-29-2013, 11:12 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

Yup. That ought to be an immediate disqualification for gun ownership.
That, and a common sense test X3