Stupid people in gun stores
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Stupid people in gun stores

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 01:26 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 276 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Default Stupid people in gun stores

This is more toward gun store employees/managers:

What is the dumbest/stupidest thing that a customer has done?

I have read this on another forum, and it seems muzzle sweeping was daily, dry firing at you is very common, and ADs even happen..

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-28-2013, 01:50 AM   #2

Liked 4207 Times on 2062 Posts
Likes Given: 829

I was at a gun store once that had picture frames around their bullet holes in the walls from AD's... It had some surly note above the frames, but I can't remember what it said.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 01-28-2013, 01:56 AM   #3

Liked 137 Times on 100 Posts

Never seen anything really dumb at the gun shop, but at cabelas they put their used guns out on racks for everyone and their brothers ti handle, they zip tie the actions, I can't tell ya how many people I have seen cut the zip ties off and they are working the action and constantly dry fire it and muzzle sweeping you and all it would take is for someone to grab a box of shells or cartridges and load up and boom, scary to think about and I wanna just slap people when I see it, I can't believe they dont use trigger locks on these, anyone with a pocket knife is able to cut a zip tie off.

Bushmaster AR15 .223/556
Marlin Model 60 .22lr
Marlin 91V .17HMR
Hi Point .45
Mossberg ATR 30.06 (wifes)
Mossberg 702 .22lr (wifes)
NEF Pardner Pump 12ga (wifes)
Remington 870 12ga
H&R Topper JR 20ga
Mossberg 500 Slugmaster 12ga
Winchester Model 190 .22lr
Thompson Center Grey Hawk .54
Norinco SKS 7.62x39
1860 Remington New Army .44
Titan 22 short
Rohm RG Model 23 .22lr
St. Louis Hawken .50 cal
Kentucky Long Rifle .50 cal
H&R Ultra Slug Hunter 20ga

Old 01-28-2013, 01:59 AM   #4

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Cabelas out here takes out the action and some have trigger locks

Old 01-28-2013, 01:59 AM   #5

Liked 2613 Times on 1180 Posts
Likes Given: 2533

You don't even need a pocket knife to undo a zip tie. All you need is a finger nail to lift the little tab and you can simply pull it open.

Old 01-28-2013, 02:04 AM   #6

Liked 137 Times on 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
You don't even need a pocket knife to undo a zip tie. All you need is a finger nail to lift the little tab and you can simply pull it open.
This is true, but most people, carry pocket knives so its easier to cut em, I wish ours would use trigger locks but they don't, I usually avoid that area like the plague, I've seen guys do it with bows too, they Zip tie the string to the cables, Ive seen guys cut em and draw em back, seen one dude dry fire one and blow it apart, even seen two teen skater kids running around shooting arrows at each other with a youth bow.

Bushmaster AR15 .223/556
Marlin Model 60 .22lr
Marlin 91V .17HMR
Hi Point .45
Mossberg ATR 30.06 (wifes)
Mossberg 702 .22lr (wifes)
NEF Pardner Pump 12ga (wifes)
Remington 870 12ga
H&R Topper JR 20ga
Mossberg 500 Slugmaster 12ga
Winchester Model 190 .22lr
Thompson Center Grey Hawk .54
Norinco SKS 7.62x39
1860 Remington New Army .44
Titan 22 short
Rohm RG Model 23 .22lr
St. Louis Hawken .50 cal
Kentucky Long Rifle .50 cal
H&R Ultra Slug Hunter 20ga

Old 01-28-2013, 02:35 AM   #7

Liked 276 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Here's the thread that gave me the idea:

http://www.ak47.net/forums/t_1_5/1380393_Gun_store_employees____Two_questions_for_y ou_.html&page=1

Some of these make you question why you associate with the human species.

Old 01-28-2013, 02:40 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 156 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I'm glad I havent seen many stupid people in gun stores. Seems like a bad combo.

Old 01-28-2013, 04:29 AM   #9
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6573 Times on 3638 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizord1 View Post
Here's the thread that gave me the idea:

http://www.ak47.net/forums/t_1_5/1380393_Gun_store_employees____Two_questions_for_y ou_.html&page=1

Some of these make you question why you associate with the human species.
You've got that right.

Quote:
Worked in a gun store for about 3 years. Muzzle swept numerous times a day, comes with the territory.

Two instances in particular stand out.

First was this wannabe cop that use to come in 1-2 times a week. Annoying little ****, broke as **** and would buy a Glock "for duty" (he was a security guard), come in the next week and sell it for a significant loss, come in the next week and buy the same model Glock again. This probably happened ten times with a loss of at least $100 per transaction. That's beside the point. Biggest instance I remember was one day he came in carrying a 1911 in an OWB holster cocked with safety off. Says he wants to sell the gun and proceeds to un-holster it with his finger on the bang switch. I immediately moved out of the way of the BFH (big ****ing hole) and took it from his hands. He could see I was perturbed and told me it was empty. I dropped the mag and see it is fully loaded so I proceed to lock back the slide and low and behold a ****ing .45ACP Gold Dot bounces across the counter. had a few choice words with him informing him what a ****ing idiot he was as he just had it pointed at my chest in rock-n-roll mode with his finger on the trigger. He sulked out.

Two weeks later he got a job with the local sheriffs office. (His parents had previously paid his way through police academy). 1 week after that I hear he has been fired. What first set off warning signs with the SO was when he was issued a gun he asked if they "had a gun he could carry that had killed somone" After this he was on thin ice. Turns out he was posting adds on craigslist pretending to be the father of a mentally disabled 20+ year old son in need of a baby sitter. He would have women come over to his house to baby sit him wearing a ****ing diaper and have them feed and change him when he soiled himself. He got caught when one baby sitter agreed to have the son dropped off at her house and watch him there. He drove himself to her house and changed into a diaper in her driveway. He's a registered sex offender now.

Second instance was... surprise!! Another wanna be cop/security guard. Came in with a Garand, a few ammo cans of 30-06 and some accessories to sell. Starts swinging said garand around and talking about how well he took care of it and what great shape it was in. He had it pointed at my boss's chest while talking to him and I came over to clear the weapon. It gets pointed at my chest. I snatch weapon out of his hands and pull the op-rod back. Guess what flies in the air and rolls into the floor. I look down into the magazine and see 7 more shiny brass thingies, eject the clip and completely lose my ****ing mind. I don't even want to imagine what a 30-06 round will do to a mans chest a foot away.
Quote:
The absolute stupidest one was a young lady whose boyfriend took her in the range to teach her to shoot. They rented a Ruger Mk. II. I was working the cash register when they came out, which gave me a sideways view of them.

She slams the range door into the wall so it makes a good crash. She jumps into the store and crouches when she lands. She raises the Ruger with both hands and starts aiming it at the backs of the other customers, mimicking firing and recoil. The sound of live fire is coming from the range. She had a big, stupid grin on her face. Fortunately, I could see that the bolt was locked back on the pistol, and her boyfriend ripped it out of her hands pretty quickly. If anyone had turned around and shot her, it would have been totally justified.
Quote:
I once found a whole batch of brass on the range that were marked .357 SIG, but necked out to .40 upon firing...guess that's cheaper than buying the conversion barrel, I suppose.

Looking down loaded barrels doesn't instill much of an emotional reaction in me anymore. It's fairly rare, and quickly corrected. I did physically rip a revolver out of a customer's hands a few weeks ago for attempting a 73rd trimester abortion. He was attempting to unload a single-action .22LR revolver while standing directly behind his son (obliviously shooting away in his own stall), muzzle held about six inches behind the son's kidneys. Finger on trigger, and shells visible in the cylinder. And pulling on the trigger to try to get them out...

He was mad...****'em.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 01-28-2013 at 04:39 AM.

Old 01-28-2013, 04:36 AM   #10

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

I had a guy come in one day wanting to buy a new XDm and smelled completely of vodka. I told him to get the hell out of my store