Stoeger Uplander problem help

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Stoeger Uplander problem help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2012, 03:48 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Stoeger Uplander problem help

My Stoeger isn't firing correctly. When I pull the trigger for the right barrel first (front trigger), the left barrel (rear trigger) will not fire the round. When I do it the other way around, rear trigger then front trigger, both fire fine.

I've owned the gun for a few years, but it hasn't been exercised in some time, but I generally pull the front trigger, then the back and I don't remember having a problem before.

I've read other places that there is potentially a firing pin or mainspring issue with these guns anyway.

How do I determine where my problem is and where would one get parts to repair it?

I'm not a gunsmith, but I'm mechanically knowledgeable, and a simple part swap cannot be that hard on something as simple as a double gun.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-18-2012, 03:57 PM   #2

Liked 718 Times on 464 Posts
Likes Given: 231

I doubt that anything is broken. Remove the stock and inspect the trigger assembly. Could be debris in there or something is rubbing where it should not be or the safety is loose. Odds are the problem will be visible to you with the stock removed.

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

Old 01-18-2012, 07:11 PM   #3

I'll try that and get back to you. Thanks!