Stevens model 67 series e

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Stevens model 67 series e

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2011, 10:45 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Stevens model 67 series e

I have a Stevens model 67 series e. I've had it for awhile and i want to use for deer hunting this year. When i went to go test fire it for some reason it wouldn't eject the shells. Does anyone know how to fix that. I tried using gun cleaner, Knocker-loose, and 3-36 but it wouldn't eject them. I need help to fix that.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-13-2011, 11:41 PM   #2

Liked 717 Times on 463 Posts
Likes Given: 229

Do you really mean it won't extract the shells? Does it pull the shell out of the chamber? Does it do it when you work live ammo through the action or just when the shell has been fired? If the fired shell sticks in the chamber- - does the extractor rip a bit of brass off the shell? If it does then you have to wire brush the heck out of the chamber. If the shell stays in the chamber but comes out easy with you fingernail or knife blade then its the extractor. Either broken extractor or broken extractor spring or it is just stuck. If the extractor pulls the shell out of the chamber but does not throw it out then it is your ejector. Exploded views are available on the net for this common gun.

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

Old 10-14-2011, 08:17 PM   #3

It will fire but when I try to ejct the shell it will pull it out some, then I have to take it by hand. Does the chamber need to meet a wire brush?

Old 10-15-2011, 02:33 PM   #4

Liked 717 Times on 463 Posts
Likes Given: 229

you might be able to get your finger in the chamber and feel if it is nice and smooth if not I would scrub it good with a 10 ga bore brush and your choice of solvent. It won't hurt anything and then shoot it to see if there was an improvement. partially open the action and put a drop of oil on the extractor then wiggle it with your finger to work the oil in. it should move freely but with a strong spring action.

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.