Stevens 5100 Fix Up Questions
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum >

Stevens 5100 Fix Up Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2009, 04:24 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Stevens 5100 Fix Up Questions

I have a freinds old Stevens 5100 SBS that I am going to try to fix up a little but dont know alot about this gun in regard to disassembly. Are there any sites out there with articles or tutorials on this subject that any one here can hook me up with? Also in regard to the receiver on this gun the case coloring is pretty well gone, so is there any thing I can do with it myself as in will this metal take cold blueing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
mthom

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-12-2009, 02:29 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 86 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthom1957 View Post
I have a freinds old Stevens 5100 SBS that I am going to try to fix up a little but dont know alot about this gun in regard to disassembly. Are there any sites out there with articles or tutorials on this subject that any one here can hook me up with? Also in regard to the receiver on this gun the case coloring is pretty well gone, so is there any thing I can do with it myself as in will this metal take cold blueing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
mthom

It's the forerunner of the 311 and 311 parts will fit except if you change the fore end you'll have to change the whole assembly.