star firestar - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > star firestar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 03:29 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 02-10-2010, 07:29 AM   #12

Liked 90 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 25

I have owned two Firestars for many years and still do. One in .40 and one in .45ACP. They have been 100% reliable, not one problem, ever. I have not had to repair many through the years either. Don't know where the bashing is coming from, but he does not even know the difference between a clip and a magazine. JMHO...................

Jim.......................

Old 02-10-2010, 11:48 AM   #13

Liked 23 Times on 7 Posts

I owned and shot a Star BM for many years and it was a very nifty and reliable gun. Difficulty and expense in finding mags and other spare parts finally convinced me to part with it. (While I had nothing break, knowing I couldn't easily find spare parts clinched it for me).

BTW, this thread was nearly a year old when the newbie posted his complaint...

Old 02-13-2010, 07:38 AM   #14

Liked 60 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Default magazine, clip

Dif? not a novice, but you know what you're taught. Is this a Cane or Tango rule? It's been a clip to me before they were born. Kinda like bluegill and brim! No disrespect, Because I value their opinion but WTF, clue me in.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks nothing is worth war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless he is made free and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stuart Mill
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of
Paul.

Last edited by dteed4094; 02-13-2010 at 07:43 AM.

Old 02-14-2010, 01:10 AM   #15
mit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dteed4094 View Post
Dif? not a novice, but you know what you're taught. Is this a Cane or Tango rule? It's been a clip to me before they were born. Kinda like bluegill and brim! No disrespect, Because I value their opinion but WTF, clue me in.
Thank you very much. I agree, I was always told it was a clip ever since I first held a gun. Who is to say what is the right term. All I know Is that they were called clips long before anyone called them a mag. But what can you say about that other than some people are right even when they are wrong. I mean on an AK is it a 30 rnd bannana clip?
Is it a 30 rnd bannana mag? What is the correct terminology? But you know just because masterpsmith has 396 more posts than me he must be right.

Last edited by mit; 02-14-2010 at 01:13 AM.

Old 02-14-2010, 01:39 AM   #16

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

The correct terminology is magazine. Lay off masterpsmith.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 02-14-2010, 01:44 AM   #17

Liked 60 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 45

I stand corrected. Can you tell me when "cilp" became improper.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks nothing is worth war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless he is made free and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stuart Mill
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of
Paul.

Old 02-14-2010, 02:25 AM   #18
mit

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
The correct terminology is magazine. Lay off masterpsmith.
Okay and who made you the see all know all professor of all things pertaining to guns? You ask any old war vet. what their terminology is on the subject (you know back in the day when you loaded your clip and read your magazine) What I am trying to say is maybe, possibly both terms are correct. Also what your saying is its alright for masterp to discredit me just because I use a different term, SCREW THAT! So I invite him to please explain to me the difference between a clip and a mag PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME ALL KNOWING ONE.

Old 02-14-2010, 02:39 AM   #19

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Ok, have posted this before and will do it again,

A magazine is a metal or polymer device that holds rounds of ammunition that are loaded into it and then the ammunition and the magazine are physically inserted into a firearm. Upon firing the last round the magazine will then remain inside the weapon until removed by the shooter. Some weapons have a built in magazine that must be hand loaded with the ammunition and can not be removed.

There are two types of clips. A clip is a metal device that holds rounds of ammunition. One type of clip is then inserted into a slot on the weapon and the rounds are pressed down, off the clip, and into a magazine built into the weapon. An example of this type of clip and weapon is the SKS.

The second type of clip is physically inserted, with the ammunition, into the weapon and upon firing the last round the clip is physically ejected from the weapon. An example of this type of clip is one that is used with the M1 Garand.

Many of the misconceptions on firearms terminology is a result of mainstream media and what they think sounds more sensational thus we have the AK 47 banana clip when in reality it is an AK 47 30 round magazine just like the M16 30 round magazine.

Last edited by Dzscubie; 02-14-2010 at 02:44 AM.

Old 02-14-2010, 07:53 PM   #20
mit

Thank you very much Dzscubie for the explanation on why I was wrong. I would like to apologize to stalkingbear, I meant no disrespect. It is just very frustrating when people tell you that you are wrong about something, and treat you like your stupid with absolutely no explanation of why you are wrong. I don't know about anyone else but I joined this forum to further my knowledge on the firearms that I posses, and possibly help out other members where I can. I have absolutely no patience for some jerk that I have never even met before trying to make me look stupid, like I didn't have a clue about what I was talking about! I did own a firestar 9mm for two years and it jammed often enough that I would not chance my life on it.

Last edited by mit; 02-14-2010 at 08:02 PM.