Spanish 25 acp questions

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Spanish 25 acp questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2011, 09:19 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 333 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default Spanish 25 acp questions

hello all, new to the forum, not to firearms. I picked up this little 6.35 (or 25 auto, whichever you prefer to call it) in addition to other gun parts at an auction. only problem is there is no brand name on it & i'm missing most of the slide internals. so since i don't know exactly what it is, it's a little hard to track down parts for it. here's some pics:

my best guess is it's an astra because of the oblong opening for the muzzle, but this doesn't have a grip safety like the astra's i found online do. the slide simply says "Pistol Automatic Cal 6.35."

The serial number is 2327, as for the markings on the frame one resembles a shield with a knights helmet on top of it with an "X" in the middle of the shield. next to that is either an "L" or possibly "D." Next to that is what looks like a circle with a crown on top of it, in the middle of the circle is either an "F" or "P." this mark is also right above it on the slide.

Any & all help will be greatly appreciated

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-31-2011, 12:53 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8703 Times on 3766 Posts
Likes Given: 1338

Shot in the dark here (pun intended). Do some searching for "Ruby" pistol. At one time, I think half of Spain was involved in making .25 autos. Many were cottage industry guns- you made firing pins, your cousin made extractors, your Tio Juan made springs, etc. Name Gabilando Y Urrequetta comes to mind, and with a lot of other folks that were the final assemblers of parts. Markings are Spanish proofs (P is a circle is a nitro pistol proof)

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt