The Single Best C/L/P Product I've Used
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > The Single Best C/L/P Product I've Used

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2010, 03:47 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 14 Times on 8 Posts

Default The Single Best C/L/P Product I've Used

Hello,

I was turned on to this stuff by a member of Indiana Gun Owners Forums. He made a gift of some (thanks HFB!) when we went shooting.

Fluid Film® | Corrosion Preventative, Lubricant and Rust Inhibitor

I've been running it in all manner of firearms now, and it beats CLP or pretty much anything else all to heck, with just a very thin coating.

Heck, I've pretty much stopped cleaning the gas system on the SKS because, after treatment, I could find no buildup and everything stayed lubed. I just put a squirt or two in the vent holes and no longer have to worry about cleaning the gun 'til it breaks.

The 1911, .22, and a few others with slower moving bullets just get it sprayed down the barrel and run out with a bore snake.

The only downside I've found is that, after cleaning the .22 with it, it penetrates so well that it takes about 50 rounds to shoot back in vs the usual 20 or so. That's sort of a non-issue though as I keep junk ammo around for that purpose and making noise with it is fun. That, and I don't clean the barrel until accuracy falls off.

I highly recommend taking a look at this stuff. It's easy to find in farm country, and most John Deere dealerships carry it from what I've read, though with guns, one aerosol can looks to last a while.

My Breakfree CLP is standing by, unused. Fluid Film is lanolin based and is less toxic than most other CLP products, as well.

I just applied it to a gun, and no matter how many times I wash my hands, or with what, I can't get it to come off. My fingers will be slick until the lanolin absorbs.

Awesome stuff. I suggest you check it out. Only runs $7 to $10 per 11.75 fl oz spray can - very competitive at that price.

Josh

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-13-2010, 11:00 PM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3112 Times on 1788 Posts
Likes Given: 1322

Thanks for the info Josh. I'll have to check it out.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 09-14-2010, 05:46 PM   #3

Thanks for the plug! If anyone is interested in trying out a can for free (must be a new user and live in the US), just PM me your contact info and I'll get a sample can right out.

Old 09-15-2010, 08:00 PM   #4

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Here is what never made sense to me.

A cleaner made to break down oil and grime. A lube OIL.

How does this work?

I used CLP for 8 years (Well that is what I told my NCO's) I used automotive carbon cleaners and Hoppes #9. It was amazing My weapon never failed inspection.

Not knocking your product. But when a product claims to be a do it all wonder lube cleaner ect.... They have never impressed me much. Jut saying YMMV....

Old 09-15-2010, 08:22 PM   #5

Fluid Film is not a cleaner. It is a corrosion preventive, lubricant and penetrating oil all in one. PM me for a free sample and let's see if you are impressed. Won't know until you try it.

Old 09-26-2010, 02:51 AM   #6

Liked 38 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Dano, Received the samples sent. Weather permitting will distribute them to my shooting buddies at range tomorrow.

By the way, read the Fluid Film can label. Noted it was lanolin and had no solvents. I've used the Lee Reloading brass lube for sometime now that is lanolin based. It prevents brass from sticking in reloading dies. Curious, I put a dash of Fluid Film on a piece of 308 brass and spread it with my fingers. Then resized it. Fluid Flim worked well as a case lube....resized 5 more pieces of 308 brass. Just a dash on a case, spread it with fingers...put it on a couple of cases with fluid flim on my fingers from other cases.....all resized just fine, no sticking and etc. in die.

May I assume, since your product is solvent free, it contains no petroleum products that could contaminate/ruin the primers/powder in a cartridge? Case lube needs to be applied inside the neck of a piece of brass for rifle cartridge resizing, which can lead to contamination of gun powder or primers.

Old 09-26-2010, 07:49 PM   #7

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Dano,

Thank you, I received the sample. I will post impressions as soon as I get a chance to use it.

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Old 09-27-2010, 03:45 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by huffmanite View Post
May I assume, since your product is solvent free, it contains no petroleum products that could contaminate/ruin the primers/powder in a cartridge? Case lube needs to be applied inside the neck of a piece of brass for rifle cartridge resizing, which can lead to contamination of gun powder or primers.
Fluid Film does contain some highly-refined petroleum oils, so I'm not sure what effect it would have.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:22 PM   #9

Liked 38 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Dano, Thanks for reply on having some highly refined petroleum based oils in Flim Fluid. Chuckle, makes me wonder if this oil comes from EXXON Plant in Baytown, Tx.....one of few places in U.S. that can make such oil....Marvel Mystery Oil, for example, uses it. But, having petroleum based products in it certainly eliminates Flim Fluid from use inside a piece of brass. However, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, don't think a problem using on outside case of brass.

Anyway, this morning before reading your reply, had resized 60 pieces of brass.....some being 308 Win brass I resized to 7mm-08. Used the Flim Fluid as the case lube on outside of brass and used my normal lube for inside neck of brass. Again the Flim Fluid proved to be an excellent brass case lub. Normally I use the Imperial Case Resizing Lube product, which is generally regarded as one of best such products available for reloading. The Flim Fluid seemed to work as well as it. Also, the Fluid Flim seemed to have made removal of the blackened soot often found on neck of brass from powder blow back easier, when I did my normal routine of using Tee Shirt cotton cloth to wipe off case lub after resizing.

Thanks again for samples sent me. I did give them to my range shooting buddies to try.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:27 PM   #10

No problem. Thanks for the feedback!