Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Sig Sauer P226 Spring set

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2010, 06:07 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Sig Sauer P226 Spring set

Hi guys,

Midway offers a spring set for the P226.
But in the description, they say that set is not meant for older models of the P226.

Now I am confused, if that set would be o.k. for my Sig or not.
Here the lonk to the US websight. It is the same set as here in germany.

Sig Sauer Parts Kit Sig Sauer P226 9mm Luger - MidwayUSA

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-07-2010, 02:48 PM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

You have to determine if you have an older model or not. They slightly redesigned them at 1 point-exactly where that was I don't know offhand.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 02-07-2010, 04:41 PM   #3

My P226 was built in 1994

Old 02-07-2010, 04:57 PM   #4

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I'm thinking the spring kit should fit no problem, we'll let some of the Sig guys chime in.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 02-08-2010, 01:49 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5473 Times on 2860 Posts
Likes Given: 354

shoot sig an email to the customer support include the serial number and model and they will tell ya what ya need to know.

Old 02-08-2010, 01:54 PM   #6

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Also check Gun Parts | Gun Supplies | Gun Accessories

These folks are where I bought all of my Sig parts - fantastic customer service and very good prices...

Old 02-08-2010, 03:06 PM   #7

Unfortunately here in germany, they don`t have a online shop. At least I havn`t found it. So I am kind of stuck to the differen`t shops.

There is no use for me to look into shops in the US, since alone the postage would make it to expencive to order there.

Midway is the only shop I have found, that also has a shop here in germany and also sells these parts.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:52 PM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2689 Times on 1405 Posts
Likes Given: 216

It depends on what they refer to as the "older" Sigs. Yours likely has the three piece slide (original configuration). I believe the newer slides are made in the US so you likely would not have one in Germany. The newer slides are roll marked "stainless steel" on the left side.

Nice price for the parts kit even though it says out of stock right now. Do you need the whole parts kit or just the recoil spring?

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 02-09-2010, 03:01 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
It depends on what they refer to as the "older" Sigs. Yours likely has the three piece slide (original configuration). I believe the newer slides are made in the US so you likely would not have one in Germany. The newer slides are roll marked "stainless steel" on the left side.

Nice price for the parts kit even though it says out of stock right now. Do you need the whole parts kit or just the recoil spring?
It`s out of stock here aswell, but usually they deliver in 10 to 14 days, or so.

My idea was to do a general maintenancejob on the P226, since I don`t know what the previous owner has done.
I do know that he or she didn`t really take much care about the cleaning job, siince there was lots of crud in there.
I am waiting for my friend, a gunsmith at the german police, to have some time and we will fully dissassemble the p226 for a good clean.
For that I was thinking to change all the springs in the gun.

Mainly just to be on the safe side.

Old 02-09-2010, 07:33 PM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5473 Times on 2860 Posts
Likes Given: 354

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
It`s out of stock here aswell, but usually they deliver in 10 to 14 days, or so.

My idea was to do a general maintenancejob on the P226, since I don`t know what the previous owner has done.
I do know that he or she didn`t really take much care about the cleaning job, siince there was lots of crud in there.
I am waiting for my friend, a gunsmith at the german police, to have some time and we will fully dissassemble the p226 for a good clean.
For that I was thinking to change all the springs in the gun.

Mainly just to be on the safe side.
good idea. sig springs wear pretty quick ive had a 220 and a 226 for nearly 20 years now and both have gone through about 3 total replacements of springs. kinda why i switched to the 1911 full time not much they need to keep running. maybe a recoil spring once a decade or so.