Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Gunsmithing Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f33/)
-   -   shotgun (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f33/shotgun-72891/)

wr2285 09-21-2012 02:12 AM

shotgun
 
I have a Mossberg500 got a rifle barrel for it. Mounted a scope on the receiver,trying to zero it in I run out of adjustment.the crosshairs won't go up no more still shooting Lowe. Any suggest???

Wiseman3 09-21-2012 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wr2285
I have a Mossberg500 got a rifle barrel for it. Mounted a scope on the receiver,trying to zero it in I run out of adjustment.the crosshairs won't go up no more still shooting Lowe. Any suggest???

Are you on a steady rest? At what range are you trying to zero it in at? How did you mount your scope? Did you check it for level? Is the scope proper for a shotgun?

wr2285 09-21-2012 02:54 AM

Got a weaver real that's made for it. Zero it in starting at 50y. Got a Simmons 8point 3by 9 by 50. The closest is 3"low at 50 yards

hiwall 09-21-2012 03:46 AM

you could put a shim under the back part of the base.

GaryGlock 09-21-2012 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiwall
you could put a shim under the back part of the base.

Wouldn't you want it at the front I'd its low?

danf_fl 09-21-2012 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaryGlock (Post 949286)
Wouldn't you want it at the front I'd its low?

Putting the shim on the front would cause the muzzle end of the scope to be pointed higher.
You want that end to be pointed lower.

USEBOTHHANDS 09-21-2012 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wr2285 (Post 949148)
Got a weaver real that's made for it. Zero it in starting at 50y. Got a Simmons 8point 3by 9 by 50. The closest is 3"low at 50 yards

pics please.

the scope could be jarrin with each shot you make. that particular scope is $90.00 @ the simmonsoptics.com website, so it could very well be. not to knock your scope, but it might not be able to take the jar of the gauge. :(

then again, it could just be that that particular scope is bad. take/send it back, and see if the store will warranty it and swap it for another 8point.

GaryGlock 09-21-2012 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl

Putting the shim on the front would cause the muzzle end of the scope to be pointed higher.
You want that end to be pointed lower.

Ahh ok I get it. Ty

wr2285 09-21-2012 12:16 PM

This is the 2ed scope I put on the gun. Same thing low run out of adjustment. It's groping good just won't go up anymore

cottontop 09-22-2012 01:06 AM

Shims. The only way to fix it.
cottontop


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:55 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.