Scary Colt 1903 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Scary Colt 1903

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2008, 05:22 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Got My Parts

Well I got my parts im very very dissapointed with them i had my gun store order the parts for me so im gonna go and get the name of the company and sent them a letter. when i got the safety disconnect i had to grind down part of it because there was a peice that dident belong on the part and the sear for it was coverd in some kind of grime that i had to clean off and polish it up a little bit. wish i would have taken a pic of the disconnect. and after all of this i think that matt g may be right about the ammo. i got it put back together and i was working the slide by had with out ammo. and every few pulls of the slide and the hammer would not hold. i beleive that thoughts were the times that i dident quite get the slide all the way back and the hammer was not catching the sear. I will find out when i get to take it out and shoot it right now were haveing a bit of a blizzard so ill let you guys know how it go's. Im gonna get a different brand of ammo and see what happens with the both of them. Thanks guys for all the help and ill update you all when i get to shoot it. Anthony

Old 04-06-2008, 02:54 AM   #12

Anthony how did you make out with your Colt?
I collect the 1903's and 1908's.
thanks
Jim

Old 04-10-2008, 07:13 PM   #13

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Im still waiting on parts i should have them in by the middle of next week so i will find out if the spring was my problem if its not i may just sell it but it dunno ill post a reply when i get my parts and get to test it out thanks Anthony

Old 09-30-2014, 12:56 AM   #14

Likes Given: 1

Hi. Does anyone have tips for a suppressor bbl for the 1903 .32? Are there any extended, threaded bbls out there, or must one make his own? Looks to me like I could bore-out and tap the muzzle, then make a male-to-male adapter. Thanks.

Old 09-30-2014, 11:30 AM   #15
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3144 Times on 1810 Posts
Likes Given: 1342

Roys101, Welcome to the forum. We have an area called "Introductions". Stop by and say "Hi".

Now, why would you consider ruining such a fine pistol in its old age?
Barrels already threaded for a suppressor? I don't think you will find one.

And I would suggest that you get the okay from BATF for the suppressor before even a trial fit. They monitor this site, and can get the info needed to track you down.

Boring the barrel is not a good idea. There is a crown on the barrel and removing the crown will have a detrimental affect on accuracy. It is not a good idea to install a suppressor and then have the bullets yaw and destroy the inside of the suppressor. Plus the remaining material will not be strong enough to support a suppressor if you bore out and tap.

My suggestions? Sell the gun, buy one with a threaded barrel, get the okay from the BATF for a suppressor, and have fun once you are legal.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Warlock999 Likes This 
Old 10-24-2014, 01:58 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Just picking up with Matt g As a Hi-Point owner on that forum there is a lot of negative chatter about Winchester white box ammo. You might try federal or another brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk