Savage 22 - 410 Selector repair


Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Savage 22 - 410 Selector repair

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2010, 04:01 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4
Default Savage 22 - 410 Selector repair

Can anyone tell me what is most likely the problem / part needed for a 1949 Stevens Savage 22 - 410 barrel selector switch? Also where can I get schematic for parts and assembly? Thanks



__________________
kat999 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 02-15-2010, 04:03 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
red ryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 126
Default

not sure how to answer your question.

just wondering how your's is chambered. I have one in .22Mag and 3" .410 and wondering how common that is.

almost all of them I see are in .22LR.



__________________
red ryder is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 03:15 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: N. Central Florida,Florida
Posts: 74
Default

I haven't seen one of those in quite awhile & had forgotten about them. I'd like to have one. 22/410,,, or 22/20ga.

Scroll down on this website page & you will find a selector , making sure of your model #.

Savage Shotgun Parts, Stevens Shotgun Parts,Springfield Shotgun Parts, Original Obsolete Stevens Shotgun Parts. Stevens Autsomatic Shotgun Parts, Stevens Pump Shotgun Parts, Stevens Single Barrel Shoptgun Parts, Stevens Shotgun Barrels, Stevens Doubl

__________________
Esteban is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 04:23 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
stalkingbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Lebanon,Ky
Posts: 3,621
Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

There were 2 types of selectors, 1s like yours (side mounted) and hammer mounted selector. Try gunpartscorp and if they don't have your selector you can convert it to a hammer mounted selector. The older type selector was a lot more problem/breakage prone than the foolproof hammer mounted variety.
www.gunpartscorp.com

__________________

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!


Last edited by stalkingbear; 02-15-2010 at 04:25 PM.
stalkingbear is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 02:45 AM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4
Default 22 - 410 Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by red ryder View Post
not sure how to answer your question.

just wondering how your's is chambered. I have one in .22Mag and 3" .410 and wondering how common that is.

almost all of them I see are in .22LR.
My brother has a newer model Savage his is a 22 mag over 20 gauge mine was made in 1949 { best I can figure from mark on side } and is a 22 LR over 410. I used one just like it when I was a kid and really liked it. This one was given to me recently from an elderly Uncle from who I found out had loaned to his brother in law { who kept it for about 20 years } this is the same gun I used { unknown to me at the time } when I was a kid. Funny how things work out in the end sometimes. Anyway I think for what the gun is made for you cant beat it for squirrel or rabbits.
__________________
kat999 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 02:49 AM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4
Default 22 - 410 Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
I haven't seen one of those in quite awhile & had forgotten about them. I'd like to have one. 22/410,,, or 22/20ga.

Scroll down on this website page & you will find a selector , making sure of your model #.

Savage Shotgun Parts, Stevens Shotgun Parts,Springfield Shotgun Parts, Original Obsolete Stevens Shotgun Parts. Stevens Autsomatic Shotgun Parts, Stevens Pump Shotgun Parts, Stevens Single Barrel Shoptgun Parts, Stevens Shotgun Barrels, Stevens Doubl
I will check for the parts. I hope they have a schematic to look at as I will need it. Thanks
__________________

Last edited by bkt; 02-21-2010 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Fixed quote
kat999 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 02:53 AM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4
Default 22 - 410 Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
There were 2 types of selectors, 1s like yours (side mounted) and hammer mounted selector. Try gunpartscorp and if they don't have your selector you can convert it to a hammer mounted selector. The older type selector was a lot more problem/breakage prone than the foolproof hammer mounted variety.
www.gunpartscorp.com
I hope to keep same safety. I know it is not a valuable gun but just hate to change it. Thanks


__________________
kat999 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
safety selector question talbertjm AR-15 Discussion 1 12-25-2009 02:35 AM
Mini-14 Repair hopslover General Rifle Discussion 2 06-11-2009 07:02 PM
Night Vision Scope repair need help please!!! Luna821 Optics & Mounts 2 02-27-2009 03:51 PM
looking for repair/ service info?? dabolen16x The Club House 2 02-17-2009 12:52 AM
Glock Advanced Operator's Diagnostics and Repair Course DCJS Instructor Training & Safety 1 04-11-2008 06:06 AM