safety

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > safety

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2012, 04:43 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 30 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default safety

This is just a heads up for those refinishing a rifle stock. About a year ago is was cleaning a moisin stock, degrease, sand and the like. I picked up a splinter in a finger. Not thinking too much of it I pulled it out with a tweasers and immeadiatley the finger started to swell up. I did some first aid, applied some antiseptic and went on about finishing the stock. A few days later the swelling did not go down and long story short I had to go to the doctor and get some antibiotics. It took almost 1 year for the swelling to completely go away. I don't know if it is the wood, cosmoline or what that caused the swelling but, WORD OF WARNING....WATCH FOR SPLINTERS WHEN FINISHING THESE OLD RIFLES.

"It's Tommy this, and Tommy that, and 'chuck 'im out, the brute,' But it's 'Savior of his Country,' When the guns begin to shoot." Rudyard Kipling

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here