Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > S&W 469 Trigger Pull

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2012, 05:03 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default S&W 469 Trigger Pull

I have a great little 469 and a recently acquired 4513TSW. Both are double action for the first shot and single action thereafter. The 469 has a combination safety/decocker lever which stays down after dropping the hammer, while the 4513's lever drops the hammer and returns to the fire position. The 469 also has a half-cock notch, and the 4513 does not. The other difference is what I'm mainly concerned about: In double action mode, the 469's trigger "stacks" (gets heavier) just before releasing the hammer, while the 4513's trigger pull is smooth all the way through.

I would like the 469 to have the same smooth trigger pull. Is this a matter of tuning the trigger, or just a fundamental difference between the 2nd and 3rd generation pistols? Also, I see no benefit in having a half-cock "safety" notch in a DA pistol with a bobbed hammer. Apparently S&W agrees, since it's missing on the later 3rd generation gun. I'm thinking seriously about removing it if I do any trigger work.

Any advice?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-28-2012, 06:33 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2601 Times on 1368 Posts
Likes Given: 202

Since S&W considered the half cock notch a "safety" feature, I would strongly discourage trying to mess with it. Liability issues.

The 3rd Gen guns are definately refinements of the 2nd gen guns. The TSW is a further refinement. Expecting the 469 to act like the TSW is unrealistic. If the 469 has hot been fired much, shoot or dry fire the heck out of it, then detail clean and lube it. It will get better.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 04-29-2012, 06:54 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I bought the 469 new and have put perhaps 200-300 rounds through it, so it's still in fairly new condition. I agree that more shooting or dry firing will help. I find the half cock to be a nuisance compared to the 4513, but I can live with it.

Thanks for the reply.