Ruger P85MkII not cocking properly

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Ruger P85MkII not cocking properly

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2010, 02:13 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Ruger P85MkII not cocking properly

Hi everyone!
I'm new to this forum and would need some help with my Ruger P85 MkII pistol. This gun is somewhat unusual here in Sweden, so I'm hoping that you might be able to help me fix a problem with it. The problem is that when I cock the hammer and press the trigger, the hammer does not fall, but when I release the trigger and let it reset and then press the trigger again the hammer falls. This problem is consistent when dry-firing but only appears some of the time when firing live ammo.
What could be the cause of this problem? which parts would i need to replace? Any advice is appreciated!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-10-2010, 06:37 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

It sounds like the disconnector (trigger bar) needs adjusting/replacing to me. Take it to your local smith and it should be a simple fix.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!