Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Ruger Mark lll triger upgrade

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2009, 03:32 AM   #1
Chr
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Ruger Mark lll triger upgrade

Anyone have any experiance in upgrading Ruger Mark lll triger. I see there is a kit available. Is this a easy switch?
Thanks in advance for your input.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-13-2009, 10:03 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

If you want to get rid of the stupid magazine disconnect safety, all you have to do is install an mk2 hammer and chuck the magazine disconnect safety lever & spring. It's pretty easy to change hammers on them. I've personally installed a few already with 0 problems. The best mk2 hammers to order are Volquartson or Power Custom. You CAN rework the mk3 hammer but I see NO reason to retain the mag safety.