Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Ruger GP100 modification

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2010, 08:25 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Ruger GP100 modification

I have a GP100 4" stainless with a spurless hammer I want to change to double action spur hammer and reduce the trigger pull. Is this possible to do myself or do I need to send it to Ruger?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-20-2010, 10:45 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

If you are mechanically inclined you should be able to do it yourself. Finding a hammer might be a bit of a problem however. You can install a Wolff spring kit that will reduce the DA trigger pull by 30-40%. Would you still need to change the hammer over to a spur hammer if the felt trigger pull was reduced by 40%? Check Brownells, Midway, Ruger, and Gun parts corp for a hammer, and midway or Brownells for the spring kit.

World's Largest Supplier of Firearm Accessories, Gun Parts and Gunsmithing Tools - BROWNELLS

Shop Shooting Supplies | Reloading | Gunsmithing | Hunting gear — MidwayUSA

Numrich Gun Parts Corporation

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!