Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Ruger 10/22

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2011, 06:05 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

And yes my trigger return switch and spring are in there it looks like a set screw for travel but no place to put it

Old 12-14-2011, 01:25 PM   #12

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Did you install aftermarket parts? It looks like a slave pin for the sear/disconnect. Check out my video at: Ruger 1022 Trigger Job by Great West Gunsmithing for a close up of disassembly and reassembly. With the trigger group removed there are only four pins in the trigger assembly; top and bottom of the bolt lock, hammer pin and trigger pin.

Old 12-15-2011, 01:43 PM   #13

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Hey gundoc that's exactly what it is a slave pin that is a great video thank you very much. I got a couple of more quick questions for you if you dont mind
1. I didn't see that slave pin when I took it apart so I used a piece of plastic to hold it together since i was going to be pushing right back out any but where do you think they had the slave pin at in there since you really dont have to have it?
2. I put the volquartsen target hammer, auto bolt release in and it came with the new trigger reset spring and the hammer spring stud and I put both new springs on do you recommend me going back to the stock springs?
3. This one may be kinda of stupid but I just need to keep up with the slave pin for the next time I take it apart I don't need to do anything special with it do I?
Thank you for all your input

Old 12-15-2011, 03:37 PM   #14

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 6

It was likely just in the bag with the Volquartsen parts. There are 2 common slave pins - 1)for the trigger/disconnector, and 2) for the old style hammer/shims alignment. You don't actaully need any of them, but they're handy. I find I use mine for the trigger assembly on every trigger job, so I just keep it in a safe place.

Since you've already installed the new springs I would just leave them in and keep the originals as spares.

Now that your trigger is back together and you inderstand it's inner workings better, give yourself a big pat on the back for a job well done. There's a lot of pride in doing a good job on something most folks shy away from.

Merry Christmas!!

Old 12-16-2011, 05:32 PM   #15

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Merry Christmas to you to doc and thanks again