Rossi single shot rifle

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Rossi single shot rifle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2012, 09:02 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Rossi single shot rifle

Does any one have a Rossi single shot chambered in 7.63 x 39 that will not fire the wolf steel case ammo mine will punch the primer good but they will not fire. I can take any brass cased ammo and it will fire fine. I was thinking my firing pin may be wore down.any help would be appreciated.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-28-2012, 09:52 AM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2907 Times on 1676 Posts
Likes Given: 1257

Okay, it fires the brass with no problem and the only ammo you seem to have a problem with is the Wolf steel case.

Um.......

I would just stay away from steel cased ammo. The firearm seems to be working okay, so I would not try to fix it.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 08-28-2012, 11:14 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1211 Times on 679 Posts
Likes Given: 507

The main complaint I have heard about Rossi single shots is light pin strikes, even on brass in some cases. I know of several folks that bought Rossi 243's for their kids first deer rifle having to take the gun to a 'smith to get it to reliably fire off the shelf hunting ammo.

Talk to a local 'smith about the issue.

Old 08-28-2012, 12:28 PM   #4

Thanks for the input. It is just steel cases are cheaper to plink with than brass is. I have about determined you get what you pay for anyway.

image-1324589512.jpg
It is a blast to shoot anyway.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:38 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1211 Times on 679 Posts
Likes Given: 507

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithtowery View Post
Thanks for the input. It is just steel cases are cheaper to plink with than brass is. I have about determined you get what you pay for anyway.

It is a blast to shoot anyway.
If you can't shoot steel case, what is the point of owning any 7.62x39?

Brass for hunting or reloading. Steel for plinking.