Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Gunsmithing Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f33/)
-   -   Robar NP3+ (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f33/robar-np3-40506/)

freefall 03-30-2011 02:12 AM

Robar NP3+

Does anybody know how thick a coating this is? I need to plate some non-firearms parts for ultimate corrosion resistance and lubricity and my boss has his panties in a wad over a couple thousandths. I myself don't think it's all that important, these are sliding through a rubber O ring.

Dillinger 03-30-2011 02:16 AM

Goju can speak to NP3 basic, as he has a beautiful 1911 that all internals are coated with NP3.

NP3+ is brand, spanking new. Best bet is to call them and see, because no one has done it around here.......................yet.

freefall 03-30-2011 02:31 AM

Robar NP3+

Sorry to be doing this in more than one place, but in case you don't look at the gunsmithing category and know the answer: does anyone know how thick a coating this is? I need to plate some parts for ultimate corrosion resistance and lubricity and my boss has his panties in a wad over a couple thousandths. I don't think it's all that critical but would like to know. Thanks.

freefall 03-30-2011 02:34 AM

I called them today but didn't think to ask that.:o Thanks for the answer JD, you're the man. I just got done reposting this in the club house. :o Feel free to delete that one.

Dillinger 03-30-2011 02:49 AM

Double F - We have sent, easily, 3 dozen, handguns to Robar for coatings.

When I was looking to go against Cane in the .460 Rowland build off, I sent mine off and the results were AMAZING for fit, function and performance.

I think you need to call them. The folks at Robar, and I HAVE talked to them recently, are very knowledgeable about their product and may be able to give you the .000" thickness of their coatings.

I know from SHOT, and talking to them, that NP3+ is an advanced version of NP3. It's rated higher, it has a "deeper" level of penetration and supposedly it's MUCH better for the weapon.

Someone will eventually get a firearm treated with it for FTF and post a review. :cool:

JD

c3shooter 03-30-2011 02:55 AM

I think it is about 1 micron, but your best shot (pun intended) is to give them a call and see- Tel (623) 581-2648, in Phoenix AZ

freefall 03-30-2011 03:32 AM

I talked to them today, failed to ask that, hoped someone here would spare me the embarrassment of calling back and asking something I should have today.:o Guess I'll just have to suck it up and bite the muktuk.

Gojubrian 03-30-2011 02:03 PM

The Rogard and NP3 coatings are AMAZING!!

Easy to clean and beautiful!

freefall 03-30-2011 03:48 PM

I want to plate internals of a valve handling salt water, not so much concerned with appearance.:rolleyes:

freefall 03-31-2011 02:02 AM

So. Called again today. Np3+ is .0003 thick. In case you wondered.