Restoring Radom Vis 35 - DuraCoat/DuraFil

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Restoring Radom Vis 35 - DuraCoat/DuraFil

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2014, 08:31 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 1

Default Restoring Radom Vis 35 - DuraCoat/DuraFil

Got this one in bad shape. Outside, you can see how it looks. Inside, metal is good and almost no corrosion. I have blasted it a while back, to clearly see what I'm up against

All small parts are good. Missing a firing pin (but thats on the way) and springs (also ordered).

I plan to use DuraFil to repair slide and frame outside pitting, and then DuraCoat to finish. I have ordered matte black for this project.

But I have no experience with it. I can read the instructions of course, but can I sand/file off excessive amounts of DuraFil? How to apply it properly, not to over do it lol.
And then, painting with DuraCoat - will it add + on dimensions? I just want to use it on frame and slide outside, not the small parts. Small parts will be blued. Can paint cause small parts not to fit in?
Should I blue slide and frame prior to applying DuraFil and DuraCoat afterwards (to protect the insides that wont be painted)?
Thanks in advance

I am sure I will have more questions lol.

HW100T .177 FAC
Benji Disco.22
BSA Scorpion Carbine .177
Daystate Air Ranger .177
AirArms S410 .22 FAC regulator
Yugo M57 9mm PARA & Vis Radom 9mm PARA
Yugo M48 8x57 Military
Yugo M48 8x57 Custom Long Range
M98 8x57 hunting
M98 6,5x47 Lapua Long Range

Last edited by UlicniTrkac; 05-07-2014 at 08:05 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here