removing barrel on Mossy385

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > removing barrel on Mossy385

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2011, 11:52 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default removing barrel on Mossy385

I have a Western Field bolt shotgun (made by Mossy as 385) how can the barrel be removed the gun digress manual I have does not show this like they do on the Marlin bolt shotgun. Any ideas?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-07-2011, 03:50 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9509 Times on 4092 Posts
Likes Given: 1493

Rusty- not sure what you are looking for- IIRC, it is a screw in barrel, but not intended to be easily removed. If you do not have the blocks to support the reciever, you will usually damage the reciever while trying to get the barrel off.

Don't ask me how I know that, and I won't say what you were doing behind Sheetz the other night.

Seriously- Call Dale Blankenship down on Judes Ferry Road. He does good work, price was very reasonable on swapping barrels for me on a 20 g pump last year.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 04-11-2011, 03:13 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Rusty- not sure what you are looking for- IIRC, it is a screw in barrel, but not intended to be easily removed. If you do not have the blocks to support the reciever, you will usually damage the reciever while trying to get the barrel off.

Don't ask me how I know that, and I won't say what you were doing behind Sheetz the other night.

Seriously- Call Dale Blankenship down on Judes Ferry Road. He does good work, price was very reasonable on swapping barrels for me on a 20 g pump last year.
Thanks, c3. I know Dale very well, and have used his services many times.
I even live in his old house! I got this gun for free and just tearing it apart to clean it up and in looking at the GunDigest disassembly info I noticed that it gives this info for the Marlin bolt shotgun but not the Mossy(Western Field)
that I have and I was curious if it was attached by some other method, possibily pinning or silver solder. Thanks.