Removing an AR Buttstock
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Removing an AR Buttstock

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2008, 06:48 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Removing an AR Buttstock

Pardon me if I sound stupid here, I'm new to the AR world.
I recently purchased a Rock River Arms AR1208, I think the model is. I also purchased a single point sling and an ambi adapter for it. The weapon has a collapsible stock and I cannot get the rear buttstock unscrewed so I can attach the sling adapter. It looks like there could be some white stuff, maybe Loctite that could be making hard. Any ideas if there is anything I can use to break down the Loctite or how to get the pieces loosened? I have an AR mutli tool from Guntec I think, but no luck.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-26-2008, 08:53 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Disregard any further. With the help of a friend, I got the task done.

Closed Thread