Remington Fieldmaster Firing Pin Replacement

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum > Remington Fieldmaster Firing Pin Replacement

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 12:10 AM   #1
HB1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Remington Fieldmaster Firing Pin Replacement

A recently acquired Remington Fieldmaster pump .22 is having some ignition issues for me. After taking the gun apart, the defect was obvious... the firing pin fell into my hand in two pieces. I have a new firing pin and firing pin retaining pin but I can't drive the old one out to replace it with a new one. I am using a punch and smacking it in the right direction (i think) but still no progress. Does anyone have any experience with such a replacement? I've tried some penetrating oil but it hasn't helped. Any input would be appreciated. I'd like to avoid a trip to the gunsmith at all costs, this should be a simple repair.

Thanks,
HB

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-28-2012, 01:38 AM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Pin punches that small usually bend then break, find a 1/16" nail set punch, start the pin with the nail set and finish up with a pin punch. Hammer size does matter, if the hammer you are using doesn't move the pin don't hit the punch harder, Get a heavier hammer to use. From the schematic you should be driving it out left to right.

Old 12-28-2012, 03:03 AM   #3
HB1

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

HB