Remington 870 barrel
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > Gunsmithing Forum >

Remington 870 barrel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2010, 01:03 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Remington 870 barrel

Just received my 18" barrel for my 870 from Remington today. It is my old turkey shotgun and I thought I'd make it my HD shotgun. Anyway, I installed it and noticed that the last 1/4" or so toward the receiver, racking is kinda tight. Anybody know if this is normal? Does it need some rounds down range to break it in? My shotgun is around 19 years old, would this make any difference? I wouldn't think so and I did email Remington before I ordered and they said it was the right barrel. What do you think? Any idears? Thanks.

Benjamin Franklin

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-18-2010, 01:31 PM   #2

Liked 163 Times on 107 Posts
Likes Given: 53

I assume you mean it's (bolt) sticky when in the foremost position? Is the barrel aligned exactly? It's not real common but the recess in the barrel for the lug may be on the tight side. I'd just work the hell out of the action with some lapping compound on the lug. That should take care of it.

Old 03-18-2010, 10:16 PM   #3

Thanks Stalkingbear, I did work the action...I work the hell out of it and found where it was rubbing. A little sanding on the fore-end (between the barrel and fore-end tube) did the trick. Thanks.

Benjamin Franklin

Newest Threads