Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Gunsmithing Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f33/)
-   -   Receiver suggestions? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f33/receiver-suggestions-92614/)

FullautoUSA 06-21-2013 02:41 AM

Receiver suggestions?
 
3 Attachment(s)
I have a random piece of metal, that I wanted to make an AK receiver, but it's about an inch and a half to short. It's a rectangle pipe about 9 in by 1.5 in by 3 in. Any suggestions as to what type of receiver I should try to build?

danf_fl 06-21-2013 10:36 AM

Mac-10????????????

FullautoUSA 06-21-2013 12:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl
Mac-10????????????

Doesn't seem to be too difficult. Thanks for the suggestion, I think I have my summer project

FullautoUSA 06-24-2013 01:05 AM

Thanks for the suggestion, but after reviewing the receiver I see it may be too difficult. I have something else on which I may be working, but thanks for the suggestion.

Axxe55 06-24-2013 01:42 AM

what are your machining and welding skills like? building firearms from scratch is not really a job for a novice.

seriously, i would think long and hard on this before going any further. if you're not careful, you could end getting hurt or killed.

FullautoUSA 06-24-2013 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axxe55
what are your machining and welding skills like? building firearms from scratch is not really a job for a novice.

seriously, i would think long and hard on this before going any further. if you're not careful, you could end getting hurt or killed.

I don't have much machining or welding skills, I think building a lower receiver for a MAC 10 may be to difficult and potentially dangerous for my skill level. I have some other stuff I'll probably do instead.

Axxe55 06-24-2013 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FullautoUSA (Post 1284956)
I don't have much machining or welding skills, I think building a lower receiver for a MAC 10 may be to difficult and potentially dangerous for my skill level. I have some other stuff I'll probably do instead.

that would probably be the best route to take. to tell you the truth, i have quite a bit of welding and machining skills, and even with all the work that i can do to a firearm, i pretty sure building one from scratch is beyond my abilities.

FullautoUSA 06-24-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axxe55

that would probably be the best route to take. to tell you the truth, i have quite a bit of welding and machining skills, and even with all the work that i can do to a firearm, i pretty sure building one from scratch is beyond my abilities.

Agreed, not doing it is the best route.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:25 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.